Crunches and push-ups before cardio??

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if it was better to do cardio first then your crunches and push-ups ect after the cardio? Or should I pick a day just for that? I am not lifting weights, just want to shed the weight and strength my core :) will it hurt me to do cardio every day or should I take a break day?

Replies

• mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    I do 20 to 30 min of cardio, then do 100 or so pushups before I start my other weight lifting. I don't have a problem doing cardio before pushups. I do have trouble if I do all my other weight lifting, then try to do pushups at the end, as I've worn my arms out.
  • taniastecroix
    taniastecroix Posts: 13 Member
    I agree, I find it easier to do cardio then my crunches :)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    is that all your doing after cardio, just crunches and pushups? Generally strength training is done prior to cardio. But you should do whatever works best for you and your specific goals.
  • taniastecroix
    No, I do other exercised for my leg, butt and abs, I don't really weight lift
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm a bit of a cardio junkie (also no gym membership)...I did insanity for a long time which you do 5 days of cardio, one day of strength/recovery stretching and one day off. I'm not following a strict calendar anymore but I still do 5 days of cardio (running, biking or a cardio video of some kind) & one day that's just about all strength. Usually I spend 45-60 minutes working out. Sometimes I do a shorter cardio work out & spend the second half of my time doing yoga/Pilates or one of the videos that focus on strength. I think you can do what works for you and your goals, strength training is dedinetly something you need to do though. Personally I like to get cardio done first when I do both in the same day though :)
  • taniastecroix
    Thanks girl, I am a cardio girl too and just feel That I am more ready to go after my cardio!! I just know that everyone have there own way of doing things and I wanted some feed back to make sure I wasn't the only one that wanted to do strength ardent cardio :)