Looking for friends and support!

Options
I'm Jax, I'm a busy mom, who has been through some rough times, struggle with depression and anxiety, have gained weight over the past years, and finally found meds that don't make me gain. I haven't gained in over a year, but I haven't been able to lose anything since my metabolism is so slow. It's been very frustrating. I'm sick of dieting and not getting results. I downloaded this app a while ago but haven't truly committed to it yet. Today I started to track again, but this time also decided to reach out to all of you. I wish everyone here the best! xo

Replies

• OMAD549
    OMAD549 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Jax, i'm in a very similar position as you. I firsy used this app back in 2013 and weighed 277. On April 26 I had gone up to 290 and I've decided I really must commit to getting my weight down. I've been following a one meal a day eating plan for the past week and I'm at 285 today.
  • jaxtraxdiet
    jaxtraxdiet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi OMAD549, thanks for reaching out! Hey well you are down 5 lbs that's great, what is your goal weight? Also why only one meal a day? Are you doing a two shakes/one meal a day type of thing?
  • cassedebain69
    cassedebain69 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon I could use new friends and have a chat feel free to had me.
  • Tyrianpurple
    Tyrianpurple Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I have finally hit bottom with my weight. After three months of wallowing in Depression, Anxiety and Anger, I turned to food to comfort me. I now weigh 250 pounds, 100 pounds overweight. I have never been this big in my whole life. I do Drink quite a bit of Dr. Pepper, and most days all I eat is icecream and milk, and drink caffeine (Dr Pepper) Im addicted to the caffeine and sugar. You know I quit smoking 20 years ago, One of the hardest things I have every done in my life, and Im wondering why or where did my self control over the nicotine, came from and why I cant get it back to lose weight. Its completely awful and I feel disgusting. I cant walk more then 10 minutes without getting out of breath. And all of this coming from a Navy Vet. How do you find motivation? I really could use alot of support
  • jaxtraxdiet
    jaxtraxdiet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @cassedebain69 and @Tyrianpurple I added you both. Feel free to message me. Tyrianpurple, my biggest priority is just being as healthy as I can be. That truly comes first. I eat very healthy, but I don't deny myself a little treat once in a while. I just keep trying different things to see what works while consulting my doctors too. Congrats to you for quitting smoking. That in itself is a huge achievement and breaking addictive behaviors is not easy, I think most who quit turn to food and gain weight so you're def not alone. Maybe try to limit the soda and ice cream to once a week, too much sugar can really hurt your health. You can do it!