Options
Macarnes23
Macarnes23 Posts: 9 Member
What does everyone eat for breakfast?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt & coffee with creamer most days.
  • Leppolite
    Leppolite Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    these are some of my breakfasts, I try to keep it around 200 calories per every meal, except dinner.

oatmeal with a little milk and 1tsp sugar
    1 egg with avocado
    yogurt with granola
    1 waffle and strawberries and 1tbs of real maple syrup
    or you can mix that up, eggs and fruit, yogurt with fruit, etc. I've even eaten mushrooms and zucchini or asparagus for breakfast.

I try to make sure almost every meal has fat, protein and carbs
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I would make those baked eggs @dklibert. You can also bake eggs in their shells instead of hard boiling. I tried it once.

I eat something different but my go to breakfasts are:

1. Overnight Oats
    2. Homemade Yogurt and fruit
    3. Avocado Toast
    4. Hardboiled eggs with either fruit or toast.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    @enterdanger I got the recipe from the Domestic Geek. She did others too. I want to try with spinach, artichokes and feta. Here is a link to her video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=UAI3y19rZ_w
  • yetti100
    yetti100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Macarnes23 wrote: »
    What does everyone eat for breakfast?

Kale omelet and it's really nice and filling
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a toast lover. Its my choice most mornings. I love toast with a bit of peanut butter or Brummel and brown spread. They even have a yummy strawberry one. T
    his morning I had turkey bacon (uncured and a good cut so it wasn't nasty) Egg beater scrambles with mushrooms, a piece of toast, kroger carbmaster yogurt and coffee. It was a lot for 200 calories.
    I also like breakfast sandwiches with sara lee 45 calorie bread, egg beaters, a slice or two of deli ham, and some kind of cheese.
    Toast with an easy smoothy is yummy too. I make one with a halo clementine, 1/3 cup silk almond coconut blend, a splenda packet, and a bit of ice. very easy and tastes like a special treat.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Bacon and egg beaters with a slice of American cheese. I'm a low carber and I love it :)
  • alexandriamccann26
    alexandriamccann26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My new favorite thing is avocado toast. I take a slice of rye toast (my fav bread) mix a tablespoon of Mayo (I use the Kraft made with olive oil) with a little siracha. Spread on toast. Top with half a sliced avocado, sprinkle some lime juice, salt and pepper and hot sauce on top. So good!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    During the week I usually have a 4 egg white omelet with spinach and topped with Kimchi and either a bowl of oats with peanut butter or peanut butter toast or sometimes pinto beans.

Weekends, it just depends. Today I had two pancakes, a fried egg, and a couple slices of bacon and some mixed berries.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I eat same breakfast. Wholegrain bread or wholegrain rolls with reduced fat or normal houmous, slice of ham (unsmoked), oil-less fried egg or microwave pouched. It's a sandwich. If I have I add underneath lettuce, cucumber etc.

it's too much trouble for a working person to do weird and time consuming things in the morning. I like to leave more complicated things for lunch and dinner, and even those I usually prepare day before.
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Pancakes every single day lol I eat them cold, I eat them warm. I eat them smothered in peanut butter.
  • Rushbrook60
    Rushbrook60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive fan of a smoothie and croissant breakfast. until today, I was using the weight Watchers method and smoothies seemed perfect because apart from the milk and a little sweetener, there were no points to count...That's where some of the downfall is though...everything you eat has calories, so your "free" foods aren't really free.

Am starting as of tomorrow the calorie counting method which my personal trainer suggested...yet to convert my smoothie and croissants into calorie value but did do a quick count up earlier and wasn't as bad as I expected. Think it's coming in about 250-300 calories, which was no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

Favourite smoothie ever is a simple mango and Pineapple one with a little Passionfruit syrup and a tablespoon of chia seeds (vital for sustainability and the extra nurtrient values). Coupled with a croissant...gorgeous! I'll have that about 8am and I'm good until about 1-1.30pm. Definitely worthwhile trying if you like tropical flavours
  • adurham79
    adurham79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A piece of toast with avocado smashed on it and an egg or a bowl of oatmeal with a boiled eggs or yogurt.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm a massive fan of a smoothie and croissant breakfast. until today, I was using the weight Watchers method and smoothies seemed perfect because apart from the milk and a little sweetener, there were no points to count...That's where some of the downfall is though...everything you eat has calories, so your "free" foods aren't really free.

Am starting as of tomorrow the calorie counting method which my personal trainer suggested...yet to convert my smoothie and croissants into calorie value but did do a quick count up earlier and wasn't as bad as I expected. Think it's coming in about 250-300 calories, which was no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

Favourite smoothie ever is a simple mango and Pineapple one with a little Passionfruit syrup and a tablespoon of chia seeds (vital for sustainability and the extra nurtrient values). Coupled with a croissant...gorgeous! I'll have that about 8am and I'm good until about 1-1.30pm. Definitely worthwhile trying if you like tropical flavours

A croissant can easily be 300+ calories, so your count seems off unless you are eating a really tiny croissant.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    three fried eggs and 1/2 cup of paleo bolognese sauce (dee-LISH! Recipe here: http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/secrets-to-a-good-paleo-bolognese-sauce/ ). 390 calories.
  • jgrassotti
    jgrassotti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to make crustless veggie quiches with cheese. Spinach, onion, snd peppers are the usual suspects, snd I tend to add some heat. One quiche will get me through yhe entire week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I saute celery and onion, add 2 oz of meat, cook it, add an egg, cook it, and take it all on a high fiber tortilla topped with hot salsa. Fiber! Flavor! Protein!
  • nursemellie76
    nursemellie76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a splash of milk and 1/2C sliced strawberries/blueberries

.........or..........

2 scrambled egg whites on a Artisan multigrain tortilla with a little bit of fat free Refried beans, fat free shredded cheddar and hot salsa. Low cal and high protein! Yummy!!