HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

Options
I have been working at this since late February. The weight has been slow to come off, but it's coming off and that's all that matters.

I didn't take my measurements before I started losing, but did after the first 10 lbs. So tell me how it's possible that I'm now down 20lbs, but my measurements are only different by MAYBE 2" from head to toe?? Weird.

Replies

• coffeepleese
    coffeepleese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are building muscle. Getting skinny from the inside out so to speak. I lost 15 ilbs, no change in measurements except for my bra / cup size. ( always the first to go on me). It will happen, hang in there.
  • Soozcat
    Soozcat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've got the same thing going on. Down 40 lbs. from my highest weight -- I'm checking it on a scale that also measures fat percentage lost -- and I haven't even had to take in my pants yet. I know it's coming off but I can't *see* that it's coming off.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I am completely opposite...I have lost 6.6 lbs since Feb 19th, but I definitely saw a difference in the way my clothes fit first. I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on June 2nd and I have managed to do 19 days of the workout since starting (10 on level 1 and 9 on level 2 up to this point) - the scale is not moving at all and hasn't since I did my last weigh-in at WW on June 8th, but I have already lost an inch in my waist (just below my belly button) so I have to keep myself from getting frustrated that the scale is not moving.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Be carefull, you might be losing muscle intead of fat....and in fact getting fatter but lighter on the scale. I was not able to see your diary but if you are like may women I know, you are doing alot of cardio, no stranght training, low fat and protein high carb diet and it's the best way to lose muscle.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Be carefull, you might be losing muscle intead of fat....and in fact getting fatter but lighter on the scale. I was not able to see your diary but if you are like may women I know, you are doing alot of cardio, no stranght training, low fat and protein high carb diet and it's the best way to lose muscle.

Okay I have to ask - are you referring to the OP or me?

Sorry just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong. :wink:
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Okay I have to ask - are you referring to the OP or me?

Sorry just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong. :wink:

No no the OP LOL. I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. In fact I gained 2 pounds but lost 1 inch at my hips at the same time!!!! I will take a smaller me anytime what ever the scale say (lying b$%$"% LOL)
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do Biggest Loser Power Sculpt and Boot Camp almost every day, so I get the strength training in. I guess I forgot a piece in my OP....I have gone from a tight 16 to a comfy 14, and my BMI has gone down, too. That's why I don't understand the measurements staying the same. Maybe the first response is right. :o)
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I agree with most post here, you are reducing your fat for muscle. Your body trims itself out all over. 10lbs, 15lbs, etc taken a little off Here, little off there might explain why you haven't seen major measurement reductions. Good luck.
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    BMI is simply a height to weight ratio. You should add a body fat test to your list of measurements. Once you know your body fat %, you can calculate your body fat pounds and track that loss. That is the number that matters!