Here we go again...

Options
I've been down this road before, but I'm hoping this time will be permanent. I've struggled with weight my entire life, but I've way surpassed my top weight from before, so it's time to get serious. I have about 125 lbs to lose, so I know this will be a long journey, but I am really excited. So far, I've been counting calories & exercising for 3 weeks and have lost 6.6 lbs. I know I'll need support through this long journey. Wish me luck & same to you!

Replies

• jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! This site is FILLED with amazing people! We will help you!!
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know you can do it!!!
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it. =) I'm kind of starting over again as well (been out of the healthy eating habits for a couple of months). Sadly, I gained back a lot of what I lost. I've never tried counting calories before so this is exciting for me as well! =)
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck on your journey... You have come to the right place for support and motivation :wink:
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Well... you've hit the nail on the head. Permanent. That's what it needs to be. The conscious eating part...a.k.a. dieting. If you look at it as a lifetime habit, something you'll do every day for the rest of your life, rather than a temporary solution, you've got it licked. Some folks like to call it a lifestyle change. I call it a diet. I'm a realist. Accept that, for you, this is a lifetime commitment, and you've got it made. Also accept that you will not diet every single day for the rest of your life. You are human. If you commit to dieting more days than not, you will eventually reach your goal. Then it will be your task to maintain it...a daliy task...just like brushing your teeth. A habit. And since you have a lifetime to practise, it needn't be perfect.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • forella
    forella Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck luv its my first time on here so im hoping it will go well fingers crossed :D
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! Remember you are making lifestyle changes. This journey is not a sprint; it's a marathon. Slow and steady wins the race.

Blessings to you!
  • bordershelly
    Options
    Good luck. I am on the same long road as you with alot to lose but we can do it!!!!
  • sdippel
    sdippel Posts: 5
    Options
    Good Luck. I just started on this site, i just tried weight watchers and it was not working for me so here I am. I have about 90 lbs to loose.
  • coffeepleese
    coffeepleese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 6.6 lbs! I wish you the best of luck and success.
    I have been overwieght my wholel ife until just a few years ago. Not sure how, but I took tons of baby lbs off. Then I quit smoking and became heavier than EveR! Officially, I onlyhave the done a "diet" once before-so temporary and destructive.
    This time it is a lifestyle change, and with my 3 boys at home, It is hard not to eat like a growing boy.
    It seems you are doing something right, I wish I had a loss that awesome to speak of ! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss so far, and good luck on the rest of the journey!! You can do it!!
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The Best of Luck to you my friend cuz you know from experience this journey is not easy. But one thing i can say is that the people on here are the BEST BY FAR!!!! they are very encouraging when you reach a rough patch and they are there when you just need someone to tell ya KEEP YOUR HEAD UP you are AWESOME!!!! I have over a hundred more pounds to lose my self and i am trying to stay focused and with the help of my MFP friends i BELIEVE it can be done.......

Bunny
  • kthorn1105
    kthorn1105 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! The feedback is amazing & much appreciated!