For the 1st time in my life my health is at risk!

Options
Hello my name is Ke I'm 30 & recently diagnosed with diabetes...it runs in my family & I was always told I had a high chance of becoming a diabetic but I never took that serious...& today I have type 2 diabetes :'( so instead of letting this take over my life I'm fighting...I have a chance to save/change my life for the better & I'm so focused! All health tips welcomed & greatly appreciated!

Replies

• hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad you are determined to change. I just joined MFP a few days ago and people here are awesome. Add me if you would like.
  • amandahendricks88
    amandahendricks88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ke, congrats on taking hold of what is yours - your life!!! You can do it girl! There are a lot of options for you, but one of the best things might be to look into a vegetarian or vegan lifetstyle. I know it sounds extreme, but if you do the research, you'd be surprised. You can check out a documentary called Forks Over Knives to get a feel for it (they include all of their data and science behind the proof that it works). Feel free to add me if you like. I'd be happy to talk and help out in any way I can.

- Mandy