Help, water retention and constipation...

Options
Hi guys,

Embarrasing post but I need advice - I drink 3 L of water a day but regardless of my water intake I retain a lot of water usually around my ankles and my hands :frown: Does anyone know of things I can eat/drink to help with the retention? Also, ever since I started with MFP, my bowel movements haven't been normal. I'm only going once a day and my 2 and 4 year have bigger bowels movements than me (this would be the embarrasing part of the conversation).. any advice?

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more.
    eat more fiber.
    buy fiber supplements.
    Are you around your period? -- that always get me bad.
    Eat more fiber and wait for another 2 weeks.
    If it still is not getting better, see a doctor
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Once to twice day is completely normal i think
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Once a day is perfectly normal. Some people only go a few times a week.
    If you're eating healthier - more veggies/fruits/cleaner stuff, less junk - you'll likely find your movements are smaller than before.

From WebMD:
    The normal length of time between bowel movements ranges widely from person to person. Some people have bowel movements three times a day; others, only one or two times a week. Going longer than three days without a bowel movement is too long. After three days, the stool or feces become harder and more difficult to pass.

You are considered constipated if you have two or more of the following for at least 3 months:

Straining during a bowel movement more than 25% of the time.
    Hard stools more than 25% of the time.
    Incomplete evacuation more than 25% of the time.
    Two or fewer bowel movements in a week.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I would be happy going once a day. I am lucky to go a few times a week.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Once a day is totally fine. Where the issue comes in is if you feel like you're straining to get that out. I would keep up with your water consumption and add more fiber like what was suggested a few posts ago. Try some Fiber Sure. It's tasteless and dissolves right into a glass of water or most foods..
  • MrzRivera
    MrzRivera Posts: 7
    Options
    I give Jas a yogurt everyday to keep her regular....It works, :blushing: