Support motivation

Options
bigb465
bigb465 Posts: 22 Member
Are there like personal trainers I can follow on here or what do I do besides count my calories on here new to this

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    You should find an exercise you enjoy, it'll be easier to stick with it that way. If you can afford it, join a gym and try some classes. The class might not be what you want, but you may find some exercises you'd like to do on your own. Some offer a free week, you can try everything in that time, better to make up your mind once you've checked your options rather than be stuck in a contract and feel lost there. If the gym is not an option for you, check out some exercise videos on YouTube - I do a voice record and listen to them if their commands are clear.

For me, I started with the elliptical, it's wonderful! It may be awkward at first, but give it 5 minutes before you decide (advice from a random person at the gym that I was glad I followed). Try the treadmill, I recently started jogging on it - it's been double digit years since I've jogged, I'm building up my stamina.
  • bigb465
    Options
    Awesome thank you I appreciate your help I've been working out for about 5 months so I'm past that part just kinda wanting to make sure I could have some partners to assist if I ever needed a question answered or something more along those lines but thank you I may try more stuff on top of wat I'm doing soon :) thanks very helpful
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. There are lots of people here that will help, you just have to ask :-) If you've been doing the same thing for five months and feel stuck, try switching it up. You may find the weight loss or exercise forum helpful if you have specific questions.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Find a group of friends on here and set weekly challenges to push each other and try beating each other's top score at the exercise you feel gets your blood pumping most :)
  • bigb465
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    Find a group of friends on here and set weekly challenges to push each other and try beating each other's top score at the exercise you feel gets your blood pumping most :)

How do you find groups? Lol I didn't know there were group's