Non- Scale Victories

Options
Since it is Sunday and we are about to start a brand new week of our fitness journeys, I wanted to start it out on a positive note. Just curious of what your non-scale victories have been so far?

For me personally, its been that I've gained the confidence and endurance to start running outside. In my neighborhood, there is only a major highway to run on because the side streets are so rural. So my weightloss and frequent cardio sessions are turning me into a bold and proud runner.

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that I bought over a year ago and have never fit into until now.
  • niciabrighteyes
    niciabrighteyes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's a huge victory!!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I buckled another notch on my belt, my shorts started sagging today, i bought my first bikini that im comfortable in and i got my husband to cut soda. This is my week.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When I started working out in September '15, I couldn't do a single burpee. Now I can do as many as Daniel and Kelli from FitnessBlender throw at me in any given workout :smile:

It's just also been great to progressively feel my body get stronger. I used to be the kind of person who would rather stay home than join my friends for a hike, a bike ride or anything I didn't think I could handle. Now I'm up for anything active because I know my body can do it, and I will enjoy it!
  • Cohalligan
    Cohalligan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Got back into a scrub top that I haven't fit into since I got pregnant.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    My tightest jeans have finally become my loosest ones. I'm back in my TH's that haven't fit since LONG before I was pregnant. They've been sitting in storage for longer than my kid has been alive.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    A piece of lingerie that was too tight on me is now real loose!
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I managed to mount my horse from the ground - no mounting block required! No way could I have done that a while ago, I couldn't have got my leg up to reach the stirrup, or managed to haul myself up! Yesterday I just hopped right up!
  • TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm surprised this thread isn't more popular! I had to hunt down non-scale victories! Anyway, I had a little dinner date with my son tonight. We had pizza, then he wanted to get frozen yogurt. I did count the calories for the pizza of course. But...when I took him to get the frozen yogurt, I didn't buy any for myself this time. I waited until we got home and served myself up a 1/2 cup portion of the Dreyers Slow Churned Banana Split Ice Cream. Yummy! And that way I didn't go over on my calories! Nice little NSV. :):)
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm surprised this thread isn't more popular! I had to hunt down non-scale victories!

This other thread is a lot more active: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/37042203#Comment_37042203

Nice NSV!!! Way to model good eating habits for your son too :-)