Food for thought

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nothing but coconut to eat for decades?? I think it is more a case of insanity driving his coconut consumption rather than coconut consumption driving insanity. LOL He started his own cult, and worshipped the sun and the coconut... He had problems. :D

Is there any plant food, that is a complete food, that one could survive on alone? Without any other foods? Could there be a monofood vegan diet that won't eventually kill you?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I was born and raised in the Pacific. Trust me, coconut is just another oil/food. Nothing special. I lol when I see all these "Coconut Is The One True Way" and "Coconut Is Magicks" threads. I always think of the poor indigenous peoples who end up wondering where their normal staples went and why is everyone eating them up i.e. coconuts, acai berry, chia seeds blah blah blah and so on.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You put the Lime in the Coke, you nut.

Heh.

Honestly, coconut makes me physically and violently ill so I stay as far away from it as possible. I can't imagine living off of the stuff. It's no wonder he went derpy... I would too if I ate only coconut. It does irk me though that foods that have been around for eons are suddenly being marketed as super foods or have become trendy for one reason or another. It's just food. Eat it to your liking, just don't go overboard.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Coconut is gross.

/thread
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Coconut is gross.

/thread

Dude, why so mean? eu5s3deonp54.jpeg
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Coconut is gross.

/thread

ew. They ruined a perfectly good oreo. :|
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is wonderful for making popcorn with. Other than that, not so much. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    For the so-called health benefits, the little buggers should be easier to open.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Maybe that's the point! The reason tomatoes are red!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Coconut is gross.

/thread

ew. They ruined a perfectly good oreo. :|

Shut up. I want this :#
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »

INSTANT CARDIO FOR THE PERFECTION FOOD.

If you need more calories trying to get it open than you get from eating it, does that make it a negative calorie food?
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I use coconut Oil to remove my makeup. I would never eat it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil for cooking sometimes and for a lotion sometimes but I'm under no illusion that it's magical or a super food. There will always be the newest fad food going around. Right now coconut oil is all the rage with the fad following. I eat what I like the taste of and leave the rest. I don't worry about what the newest craze is .

I can only imagine what the next fad will be ?! I remember when I was little , nobody on my street knew what an avocado was. They had never tasted it. We had always eaten them because of our background. Now every household has avocados on their counter ! Lol ! Some even think they are a special super food. Lol !

• queenliz99
    Options
    I have an interest in the benefits of treating Alzheimer's disease or at least slowing it's progress. I have a family member succumbing to this horrific disease.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have an interest in the benefits of treating Alzheimer's disease or at least slowing it's progress. I have a family member succumbing to this horrific disease.

I was reading an article on dementia and saturated fats. I've been reading so many lately, I can't remember where I came across it. Not my current area of study, so I didn't hang onto it. If I find it again, I'll forward it. Sorry, little off topic from your lovely sack of coconuts. :wink:
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Coconut is gross.

/thread

I've spent the last 5 minutes trying to forget these exist. I pray to GOD i forget these by the time i go shopping cause if I don't... Oh lord i have a feeling ill eat at maintance for that day lol
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Sorry, little off topic from your lovely sack of coconuts. :wink:

It's a lovely *bunch* of coconuts. Thanks for the ear worm. :s

;)