losing 100lbs

Options
skinnymalinkyscot
skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,

How long will it take roughly for me to lose 100lbs.
Am I looking at 2 years maybe or less?

Im 57 this year, female and 5ft 5" and quite sedentary,

I just do housework, for a couple of hours per day
I walk 3 times a week on average 2/3 hours per time
I have a part time cleaning job which is 2 hours x 3 times a week

But I class this as bone idle tbh, Im hoping as the weight comes off I become more active, as atm I have sporadic arthritis in my knee and ankle joints which will definitely improve as the weight comes off

Thank you in advance

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Could take 2 years. It just depends on your stats and your rate of loss, and factor in that weight loss is far from linear. To give you an idea, for example, I'm 5'2, 34 and when I started I was 211.6 lbs. It took me 10 months to lose 57 lbs. I was mostly doing walking, and toward the end I ventured into trail hiking (low grade). Then I got pregnant and gained 24.6 lbs. It took me another year to lose that pregnancy weight plus an additional 20 lbs (44.6 lbs).

As an aside, I would not consider your activity level sedentary. I'd say you're at least lightly active.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Could take two to three years. After you lose the first 20 or 30 pounds you will feel a big difference. Feeling great will help you to continue. :)
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    6-9 hours of walking per week isn't too bad in terms of activity, even if it's fairly modest walking.

As to how fast - that varies a lot. Probably somewhere between 10 months and 2 years. Different people lose at different speeds, and you may need a maintenance break at some point, etc.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 2 1/2 years to lose 102lbs and I exercise my *kitten* off every day. I wished it was quicker especially with the dietary changes I've made but I have to take what I get. Hard to tell how long it could take you, everyone loses differently. Good luck!!
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It took me 14 months to lose 150 lbs... As I lost the weight, I started adding considerable amounts of exercise. I also had the time, and energy to allocate a LOT of effort into this lifestyle change.

It was severe... and not for everyone.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice everyone, sorry I didn't reply sooner, it was night time here in England, so 2 years is about right, many thanks.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It took me 2.5 years to lose 103 pounds. I completely overhauled my diet but didn't change my lifestyle all that much, I continued on with walking daily and some yoga.