Plus size mama looking for accountability friends!

Options
Hi guys! I'm a 26 year old mama to a sweet little preschooler and I'm looking for accountability partners, inspirational stories or anyone who is trying to better themselves. I've tried MFP a few times and usually go for a few weeks at a time...and then I get busy. And then I get discouraged. So I'm looking for others who are in the same boat! I'd love some inspiration and some extra motivation! I've been doing t25 for the past few days and am starting meal tracking again. Add me if you'd like and we'll go on this journey together! :)

Replies

• angeluche83
    angeluche83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi brooklynandme. I've been off and on with weight loss. Feel motivated to start again as my clothes are tighter and I don't want to buy bigger clothes. Started the T25 yesterday and I'm meal tracking. Hope it helps because all my muscles hurt after day 2 of the exercise. Will try to keep up for a week at least and hope it gets better
  • LennyLentils
    LennyLentils Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I know exactly how you feel going well for a while. I'm super supportive on here if u want some additional motivation as I'm always looking for active friends :smile:
  • bweller15
    bweller15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24, active duty, married, living in Italy. Just gave birth to my first in March and needing to lose the baby weight. I'm actually starting back to the gym today after taking 11 months off (I know, horrible). I need major accountability help. I've tried MFP a couple times before and then I give up. I've been really into my Fitbit too, in case you have one of those. Would love to "team" up. :)
  • KirstenJordan87
    KirstenJordan87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    28 year old plus size chick right here! I've been doing a mix of counting calories and WeightWatchers for 2.5 years total but have buckled down since the first of this year. I have a long term goal of over 100 pounds to lose so I will totally be your accountability partner!
  • pooky73
    pooky73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm a lifetime WW members, lost 142 lbs. Been with email 9 yrs.
  • umsaleh411
    umsaleh411 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do I add you?
  • pooky73
    pooky73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request
  • Oiney1
    Oiney1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 27 and mom of two blue eyed princesses. 8yo and 15 months. I've been on a major life change for about 3 weeks now, 1399 calories per day, working out with fitness DVD 6 days a week. I'd love some more friends looking for a bit of a team mentality!! I've got about 50-60lbs to lose, I can use all the help I can get!!
  • brooklynandme
    brooklynandme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you guys! I don't know why it didn't show me your notifications! I've sent a request to each of you :) thanks for the replies!!!
  • graen1982
    graen1982 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Naomi and my husband and I are renewing our vows next year and I'm trying to lose as much as possible. Plus for me to be healthy again. I've fallen off the wagon too many times to count. So here I am DETERMINED.
  • jennifercapps1
    jennifercapps1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here. 27. Mom to a 4 yr old girl. Need to lose 100 lbs, but would be good with even 50 or 60. I need support!!
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been there! I have a ton of work to do to get healthy. I'll add you, I have a preschooler and a toddler. I can use all the support I can get.
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im in the same exact boat. My son is in preschool and i have the same issues prioritizing my fitness goals. I'm working on overcoming that this year. Feel free to add me.
  • sayingyes2success
    sayingyes2success Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Also in need of inspiration and motivation! I'm 47(going on 20)mother of two. Just got back on MFP yesterday(AGAIN!). 2016 is it, this is the year it comes off and stays off folks. I've lost 31 pounds since January with 66 more to go. So let's do this!
  • goodbyejellybelly
    goodbyejellybelly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Brooklynandme,

I also have a lot of hard work and tears I dare say ahead of me to lose the weight I have gained over the last 7 years. I have 1 child in kindy and a 18month old and a lot of excuses as to why I gained the weight in the 1st place but 1 day at a time starting from today, I am just going with the eating healthy and exercise and my doc has me on duromine closely monitered of course due to my high cholesterol and extreme food cravings or no control of myself as I like to say. I have 35kgs to lose
    Please add me as a friend and anyone else on the same journey. Looking forward to chatting.
  • d82_myfitjourney
    d82_myfitjourney Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hellllloooo! I'm also a mom and wife. I have a 6 year old son. I was in the army for 6 years and decided to get out after his was about 8 months old....and since then all of the weight I had lost forever has found its way back to me years later. I want to be back healthier mentally and physically for myself and my family and I refuse to settle...guess the saying is true "when you are ready for change you will make it happen...but only when you are truly ready" I have started and stopped before but I'm tired of quitting! And this time even if my journey moves at a snail pace I don't want to sit around mad at myself gain for for giving up. I hope to find friends and encourgament along thins journey and I wish whoever is reading this much success also.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 years old and mom to three kiddos. I also work full time. I'm on a journey to better myself and my family. Feel free to add me.