first time doing yoga and gym ever and it hurts :((

Options
esraad1989
esraad1989 Posts: 40 Member
I've been working out for 3 days today i tried yoga for the first time ever and my body is sore all over .. Please tell me it gets better with time .. I got tired in like 15 minutes im out fittness im only 26 years old is that normal !!

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Promise.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    And... Here is a shocker... You will even like that feeling eventually.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a rcovery day in between working out. Even for yoga. So every other day is the way to build and releive the pain.
  • esraad1989
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    It gets better. Promise.
    How much time do i need for me to perfect yoga and feel fit
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    esraad1989 wrote: »
    It gets better. Promise.

Now--that's a question alot of people would like the answer to. However, I believe it varies from person to person, and depends on what exercise they do and with what frequency. Even with all the variables, someone who has never exercised should feel better and a bit stronger in a month.
  • esraad1989
    Options
    It gets better. Promise.

Now--that's a question alot of people would like the answer to. However, I believe it varies from person to person, and depends on what exercise they do and with what frequency. Even with all the variables, someone who has never exercised should feel better and a bit stronger in a month.
    So after that i won't feel so tired so soon ?!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Promise.

Yoga is a journey and not a destination.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Promise.

So after that i won't feel so tired so soon ?!

It SHOULD be alot better, completely gone--no. I've been swimming and doing aqua-gym for 20 yrs. If I do something new, or go on vacation, I can feel aches for awhile. It's all normal, but your body gets used to it.
  • SlimSharonSlim
    SlimSharonSlim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    awwwwww we have all been there.............DON'T work out for 3 days when you first start out doing exercise! Exercise every other day for about an hour........and build it up.........watch what you eat plus it's not about age, it's about how fit you are! I remember taking two classes at the gym years ago........i couldn't walk for about 3 days lol.......not good..............but we all live and learn! :)
  • esraad1989
    Options
    awwwwww we have all been there.............DON'T work out for 3 days when you first start out doing exercise! Exercise every other day for about an hour........and build it up.........watch what you eat plus it's not about age, it's about how fit you are! I remember taking two classes at the gym years ago........i couldn't walk for about 3 days lol.......not good..............but we all live and learn! :)
    Oh thats great i cant to be fit .. I sure feel positive ..thank you :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Promise.

feel fit is one thing and perfect yoga is another
    I don't think anyone ever perfects yoga, that's why we keep practicing it
    feeling fit depends on you and your body.
    it is important to go slow and take rest days. otherwise you could get hurt
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Remember, if you've been inactive and start working out, ANY type of exercise is going to hurt. I've been exercising for two months and yesterday pressure-washed my house--I am so sore it's ridiculous. The pressure- washing just worked my muscles in ways different from the workouts I've been doing. Take that soreness as a sign that you're doing something good for your body because your muscles have been worked in ways they never have before. It will get easier, though it won't ever be easy (it's not meant to be!). Hang in there and keep at it--it will get better. Soon, you'll start to feel stronger--that's the time to step things up a little. Baby steps, but it will pay off in the end!