Would love more running / weight loss friends!

Options
kattle32
kattle32 Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
I'm pretty late to running, only been doing it for the past 6 years ( in my mid 40s). I've done a dozen 5ks, a couple of 8ks and a couple of 10ks. My big goal is my first half marathon this fall.

This year I've run my first race without walking (a 10k), got a new pr in my first 5k of the year and ran the furthest I've ever run (7.6 miles) yesterday

I'm trying to lose more weight and get to a good maintainable level. I take a yoga for runners class weekly and *need* to get back into strength training.

I'd love more friends with similar interest for encouragement and inspiration!

Thanks,

Kat

Replies

• chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey, I love running. I run a lot. I'm a distance runner half marathon and longer are my long runs. Normally I try to get 4 in a week if my schedule will let me. I've been running for a long time.

I do a lot of cross training but I want to try yoga as well.

If you need anything, give me a message.

Add me as a friend also.
  • NMSever
    NMSever Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You can add me. I've only been running for about a year. But I've completed several 5k's, have more lined up this summer and my first 10k as well. Hoping to run a half marathon next year.
  • zmida
    zmida Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I began running again this year. I have completed several 5ks and a 15k in the past. I have my first half marathon coming up in 2 weeks. Running definitely helps keep me sane and lose inches off my body.
  • hawksfan881972
    hawksfan881972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. Im just getting back into running after a long hiatus. Already feeling better after only a week, and am down 5 lbs.