Backsliders Unite! 15lb in July

Options
Confession...I gained back 13lbs in June...out of control !!! I am going to lose 15 lbs in July to get under 200 lbs. I'm asking any of my pals or future pals to join me in this quest. We'll weigh-in every morning until August 1st when we will have lost 15lbs. If you know you need to and can drop 15lbs in July join the thread...it will be a daily quest and we will lose!!!...(I think you know what I meant). I know...too much in a short period...well...sometimes we just need to let it go.

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I would love to but I don't think I could lose 15 in july alone. Not that I wouldnt love to but that's a bit extreme for me
  • boffo
    boffo Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm in. gained 35 over winter and paternity leave. started up again last week. dropped 6 in my first week back.

ticker is inaccurate. I started it over last week when I reinvested myself. I started at 385 lbs, about a 18 months ago.
  • chubbychristianchick
    chubbychristianchick Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I dont think it's to much in a short period. I am trying to lose and it seems to just be holding steady... Like I'm not strict enough or something of that nature.. I've been eating some of my work out calories and I think because I'm so over weight I shouldn't do that any more :| IDK! I'll totally join your quest though!
  • ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would love to but I don't think I could lose 15 in july alone. Not that I wouldnt love to but that's a bit extreme for me
    it is extreme and you know yourself best. some of us can lose 15lb in a month if we put our minds to it without doing it wrong. we know more about weight loss from years of research and experience. don't join in if it will not meet your lifestyle or compromise your health. thanks for your honest response.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I am in, I haven't gained much back but I have backslid horribly on my healthy eating and just excersing isn't an excuse to do so. I need someone to kick my butt from time to time and I know the reason I have been stuck is because I am eating horribly here lately. August 1 here I come!
  • justme84x
    justme84x Posts: 66
    Options
    I would definately love to join you all on the quest to shed 15 lbs in July. However, stepping on the scale everyday... i will not do... I have found that I am too easily discouraged when I eat well and do a massive cardio workout and then the next day.... a gain!?! And that is where I start my backslide every time! Lets commence the shed! haha :)
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    I would definately love to join you all on the quest to shed 15 lbs in July. However, stepping on the scale everyday... i will not do... I have found that I am too easily discouraged when I eat well and do a massive cardio workout and then the next day.... a gain!?! And that is where I start my backslide every time! Lets commence the shed! haha :)
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    weigh-in at will...i understand variation day to day and welcome it...daily weigh in is a way to me to get to know how my body responds to different foods and activity. i'm not putting on a lot of muscle at my age...funny i thought i would find it under my fat once i lost it but it wasn't there anymore!...joy in the journey...
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    I am in, I haven't gained much back but I have backslid horribly on my healthy eating and just excersing isn't an excuse to do so. I need someone to kick my butt from time to time and I know the reason I have been stuck is because I am eating horribly here lately. August 1 here I come!
    welcome aboard ole pal...a great month to kick some butt!
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    I dont think it's to much in a short period. I am trying to lose and it seems to just be holding steady... Like I'm not strict enough or something of that nature.. I've been eating some of my work out calories and I think because I'm so over weight I shouldn't do that any more :| IDK! I'll totally join your quest though!
    my experience was when i ate my fitness cals i would maintain weight. but when i got got tired of the plateau i would eat the 1200 no matter what i did that day as far as burn and dropped the weight. i know all the 'experts' out there wouldn't agree but it is our weight and we put it on...now is the the time to shed this crap as we know best for us.
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    I'm in. gained 35 over winter and paternity leave. started up again last week. dropped 6 in my first week back.

ticker is inaccurate. I started it over last week when I reinvested myself. I started at 385 lbs, about a 18 months ago.
    well done boffo...i would assume you were tired of hauling around the extra...i didn't like going out in public anymore...i am not going back to the big me...i feel so much better now...glad you decided to get your life back
  • boffo
    boffo Posts: 22
    Options
    July 1... .starting weight 310.
  • justme84x
    justme84x Posts: 66
    Options
    July 1: 230.4
    I was so excited when I stepped on the scale this morning!! I've been stuck at 232.2 for 2 weeks now! Feels great to have a breakthrough. Now if I could just get that pesky little "3" to get out of the equation for good! haha
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    Im soooo down. No 4th fun for me and I'm cool with it :)
    CW 180
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    Well the holiday set me back but I am back on the road...let's get er done.
  • realm69
    realm69 Posts: 23
    Options
    Well I agree with some of the other posters about not weighing everyday, but I have been slacking off big time lately and I only have 22 lbs left to goal weight so I am in. I would love to lose 15 this month!
  • Eshathediva
    Options
    I tried so hard to lose the 15 but I only lost 10. I'm content with that amount though.