Weakness

Options
What's your weakness and how do you manage it?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "weakness" do you mean in general, in food, in weight loss?
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Weight loss
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My weakness is weekends. I just want to do nothing at all. I'm thinking of a plan for next weekend, because this weekend I saw more of the key issues that lead to poor choices. Hopefully I can make some changes this coming weekend.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Warm fresh loafs of white bread.
  • dwulet130
    dwulet130 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If I overeat, I tend to think "well, now the day is ruined so I might was well binge" so I end up going over by 2000 calories instead of 200. My main way of managing it is not keeping delicious food in the house - way easier to binge on cake and crackers than on cheese-its. And then if I REALLY want chocolate, I make myself walk to the store to get it.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    My weakness is a rather fragile sense of confidence. It is easy for me to get down at the first sign of this 'appearing' to not be working. Even if I am doing well all in all, but let's say that I have a weak evening, resulting in a bad weigh in the next morning, I feel like I have failed the whole weight loss exercise thing. That may sound dramatic and crazy, but it is how I think and it is how I am wired. It is like moving mountains at times to keep perspective and to focus on this being a long term/life project, and trying to make it a way of living instead of something to get done. "This to shall pass" seems to work well with losing weight as it does in all areas of life.

Sorry if I went a little deep there.....
  • tmorton03
    tmorton03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My weakness is/was Saturday. It was my Cheat DAY! I convinced myself that have been "Good" all week, I have lost 85 pounds, I deserve this, etc..... So what I have done instead is I've gone from a cheat DAY to one cheat MEAL a week, making sure I eat a dessert that I want! :smile: smile: This has seemed to help me out.
  • AriesGal329
    AriesGal329 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Brunch
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    Let's help each other overcome these weaknesses! Mine is chocolate!
  • sboubin
    sboubin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Socializing. How else do you catch up with busy friends other than go out to lunch together? It's usually somewhere we can get in an out of in an hour, so not healthy.
  • katie22mfp
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Very true! I'm dreading my first meal out on the diet!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I don't have a weakness, I love what I'm eating, I don't drink alcohol anyway, if I eat out I pick healthy options and include it in my daily calories, I walk a lot for exercise, I don't crave anything and I'm losing weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it's my sweet tooth. I can typically have one piece of chocolate or a couple cookies within my calories, but sometimes I just want to eat all the things.

I deal with it by having a bigger deficit so it's not a big deal if I go over some days. And going to bed hungry a lot.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    For me, it's noshing mindlessly on food whose portion sizes aren't clear. I have no problems counting out a dozen tortilla chips and stopping when those are done, but put a bowl in front of me and I tend to lose count.