Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Maintaining weight

BoskoMilosev
BoskoMilosev Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Ok, well its almost may
I'm maintaining weight now

So i put that i'm sedentary, and then i add the exercise i do - runnin, going to the gym, walking
So should i eat the calories from the exercises?

And if you go 1 day under calories and other day over calories by the same amount, thats nothing, correct? Just wondering about that one.

Il do a mini cut on may, but for these days i just want to maintain.

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    If you are using my fitness pals method you would eat the calories from exercise. Some people find that the exercise calorie burns can be high. You will need to monitor your weight for upward or downward trends. Adjust your calories from there.
  • jalynwatson21
    jalynwatson21 Posts: 33 Member
    Normally I do not eat my calories burned, unless I burned more than 500 calories or feel fatigued.
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2016
    Once I got a Fitbit Surge, I trusted the exercise calories and eat them back unless I not hungry for them. Once I got a food scale I trusted the calories in more. Now that I'm in maintenance I'm better at appropriate portion sizes so I no longer weigh every thing. I still use the Fitbit but no longer wear all the time except when showering. When I first started maintenance I never allowed myself to go over and lost 10+ before I was really convinced my logging was pretty darn spot on accurate. You will drive you self nuts trying to eat to zero each day, just trying even the calories out over the week or whatever time period that works for you.

PS I'm approaching 1 year on maintenance.
  • BoskoMilosev
    BoskoMilosev Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks y'all

Il track my weight but its kinda hard to notice like that, because i go to the gym
    I think il keep the eye on the mirror images and compare them :smiley:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    And if you go 1 day under calories and other day over calories by the same amount, thats nothing, correct? Just wondering about that one.

Yes, that's fine. While I do my best to hit my daily calorie goal, I tend to look more at my weekly calorie goals in maintenance.
  • Flewog2014
    Flewog2014 Posts: 3 Member
    I agree - I look at my average over a week.
    I dont tend to eat back all of the calories I get from exercise (just some of them). Been maintaining for roughly 4 months now & I've stayed within a 3-4lb range just under my goal weight.