Who's into Juicing?

Options
Looking for people to connect with that are into juicing fruits and veggies! Add me as a friend put juicing in message...

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm already your friend, but I make sure to juice at least 2-3 times a week! I love it!
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
    What are some of your faves?
  • BlissfulYoga
    Options
    Your blog is amazing, btw, I am now a follower of yours!
  • dayzeerock
    Options
    Right now, this is my current fix:
    Kale, Spinach, Carrots, Apple, Blueberries, and Pineapple...it's delish!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i'm already friends with you too ;P but i just wanted to share my juicing tip: have you ever made raw "bread" out of the leftover juice pulp? just mix it with some flax seed, spread and dehydrate! so good.
  • BlissfulYoga
    Options
    Right now, this is my current fix:
    Kale, Spinach, Carrots, Apple, Blueberries, and Pineapple...it's delish!

AWESOME! I will have to try this one! Thanks!
  • BlissfulYoga
    Options
    i'm already friends with you too ;P but i just wanted to share my juicing tip: have you ever made raw "bread" out of the leftover juice pulp? just mix it with some flax seed, spread and dehydrate! so good.

Thanks! Always looking for ideas for 'leftovers' and dehydrators! Nice!!!!!
  • dayzeerock
    Options

That's a good idea! I just use it as compost in my garden...it's excellent for that, but this sounds interesting, too!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I love to juice :) I am also already your friend ;)

I'm not as exciting as the rest of the folks though. My boyfriends favorite is...

Carrots (LOTS of them....)
    Celery (Only need 1-2 stalks)
    Red Apples (1-2 depending on amount/size)

Depending on the stuff we juiced at the time, we put the leftovers in a veggie/meat marinara sauce ;)
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I love juicing. I don't actually own a juicer but my hubby and I did a cleanse for 2 weeks in MArch and I borrowed a friends.
    I am moving out of the country in like 3 months so we know we are going to buy a juicer in our new location. Didn't want to buy one in Canada and then have to sell it in a few months.
    My favourite to juice was :

A whole bunch of organic spinach.
    1 apple
    1/2 lemon
    little chunk of ginger
    1 cucumber
    4 stalks of celery

I did mostly veggies and only added either 1 apple or 1 pear. I wanted to keep the sugar content low because if you are juicing fruits,,,it can spike your insulin level since the fibre content isn't high. Juicing those veggies daily was refreshing when we did it. And crazy how we were hungry, drank a green veggie juice and then we could workout for 90 minutes. IT was amazing! I can't wait to buy one and become a juicer. : )
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I juice, but I haven't done any for a while. Although I'm planning on getting some beets and juicing.