Workout timing

Options
javpet
javpet Posts: 5 Member
Sometimes I feel incredible tired during the morning and stretching hurts. When do you usually workout? What time do you recommend?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    workout when you can workout...timing of your workout is irrelevant.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I vary between working out in the morning or at night. However, I do find that I am more warmed up even before my warm up when I work out in the evening. That makes sense, if you think about it, since I'm pretty much not moving all night (barely moving) vs at least walking around a bit during the day.

Are you stretching before your workout? Try doing something like walking for 5 or 10 minutes first and then see how your stretching feels.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I usually workout in the morning, but on the offchance (like today) when I get to go later I almost always have better lifts.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, but earlier workouts are harder for me to make excuses for. Can't say you've had a busy day when it's 8 am (graveyard shift need not apply).
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 and am at the gym by 5 a.m. I lift weights there then come home, hit the sauna and do cardio for an hour. If I don't get up early and hit the gym then chances are good that I won't do any exercise because I tend to get lazy during the day.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Typically I work out in the evening, 8pm. Sometimes on the weekends I'll be able to fit in a morning workout as well. It's just what works best for me.
  • javpet
    javpet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the responses! You are all awesome! I'll try to do more stretching before to prevent injuries. ;)
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I always work out mid morning (9-9:30). I can't work out super early, so I get up with my kids and eat breakfast with them, and then work out. But I'm also home with them all day, so I have that time. I know that won't work for everyone.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My workout times vary with my schedule. If I don't have to do anything that night, I will sometimes plan to workout after work. However, with planning a wedding, going to Grad school and working full time, my workout times have pretty much been strictly 6am workouts. Lately, I've actually looked forward to getting up and getting those workouts in because then I know I can go straight home after work if I don't have anything planned. However, if I do have a workout planned after work, I never go home because I'm one of those people that if I go home, I'm not getting back out. Home is just too cozy! :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I vastly prefer my morning training sessions but it fits in whenever I make it fit.

When I know I'll be competing at a slightly off time, I try and train at around that time at least a few times.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I often feel like cr4p in the morning and a morning workout gets me going and helps me feel better all day.