i need to work on my posture !!

Options
You guys .. Whats the best workout that worked for you that corrected your posture .. Those long hours on my study desk are starting to show .. My job as a dentist is making it even worse
Is there a quick fix for this ❓❗

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Strengthen your core muscles and be mindful of how you sit and stand. There are no quick fixes for anything that you've posted about.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Oh good God.... :huh: :noway:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    No, there is no quick fix. The best thing you can do for your posture is to strengthen the muscles of your core. That includes your abs, lower back, upper back and shoulders.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Barbell training definitely helped my posture, but it took quite a while (probably a year before it was noticeable to me). Desk work tends to pull everything forward -- weight training develops the back and shoulders, which tends to balance things out a bit.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    there is no quick fix, its a life long conscious effort to practice good posture. strengthening your core, etc will help. but you have to consciously sit and stand with good posture your whole life. Eventually it will become automatic and natural, or not. either way its an all day effort.
  • kelseyframe91
    kelseyframe91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There's no quick fix but try a little yoga everyday that stetches your back, sides and core and you should see a difference. Hope this helps
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    esraad1989 wrote: »
    My job as a dentist is making it even worse
    Is there a quick fix for this ❓❗

Is there a quick fix for chronic dental problems?

Buy a small swiss ball and lay on your back on it a few times a day, like this:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=rUrfdsJV2sY

That plus practicing good posture throughout the day are the best "fixes" i know of. :+1: