Options
christmas275
christmas275 Posts: 1 Member
I eat super healthy and never lose a pound

Replies

• jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You might be underestimating what you eat. The key is to log everything you put in your mouth - even if it's just a piece or just a bite, drinks - everything. And measuring it out on a scale precisely, not approximating. You must not be logging precisely enough as if you burn more calories than you eat, you will be losing weight.

That being said, if you're working out a lot - you might be gaining some muscle that makes it seem that you're not losing fat. Try taking measures and pictures for comparison and not only rely on a scale :)
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The way i approach these things is by recognising that mfp is just giving you a guideline of how many calories you should be eating. It's an estimate and can't possibly be perfect for everyone, so if you don't lose weight on mfp's calorie goal, reduce your calorie goal.

You also need to realise that the calorie goal mfp gives you is based on actual, accurately measured calories. Youre recording @christmas275 calories, and depending on how accurate you are with your logging, 100 @christmas275 calories may be 120 or 150 or 200 actual accurately measured calories.

So again, reduce your calorie goal (or get a food scale i guess)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I agree, get a food scale (I picked up a digital one for $10), you'd be surprised what a difference it makes. I was stuck as well, once I started weighing everything, it started coming off again. I was definitely underestimating measurements, therefore taking in more than I was recording. You can't argue with real numbers and results. I'd like to not have to weigh my food eventually eyeing it accurately, but I don't know that'll happen.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    So here's an idea.. Before a user can create a new topic, they have to have at least three pictures and 100 posts in the forums. . thoughts?
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    So here's an idea.. Before a user can create a new topic, they have to have at least three pictures and 100 posts in the forums. . thoughts?
    Nah this site is for motivation newbies have to be the ones that post the most thats how i feel man
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Why?
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Maybe start your own thread with this topic....
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1. If it's been less than 3 weeks or so, don't sweat it! Normal fluctuations happen and unfortunately sometimes we stall for a week or two even when we're doing everything right. Give your body some time to catch up with the changes you're making.

2. If you aren't already, be sure that you're logging everything. Sometimes people forget about things like veggies, drinks, cooking oils, and condiments. For some people these can add up to enough to halt your weight loss progress.

3. Consider buying a food scale if you don't already have one. They're about $10-$20 dollars in the US and easily found at places like Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Measuring cups and spoons are great, but they do come with some degree of inaccuracy. A food scale will be more accurate, and for some people it makes a big difference.

4. Logging accurately also means choosing accurate entries in the database. There are a lot of user-entered entries that are off. Double-check that you're using good entries and/or using the recipe builder instead of someone else's homemade entries.

5. Recalculate your goals if you haven't lately. As you lose weight your body requires fewer calories to run. Be sure you update your goals every ten pounds or so.

6. If you're eating back your exercise calories and you're relying on gym machine readouts or MFP's estimates, it might be best to eat back just 50-75% of those. Certain activities tend to be overestimated. If you're using an HRM or activity tracker, it might be a good idea to look into their accuracy and be sure that yours is calibrated properly.

7. If you're taking any cheat days that go over your calorie limits, it might be best to cut them out for a few weeks and see what happens. Some people go way over their calorie needs without realizing it when they don't track.

8. If you weigh yourself frequently, consider using a program like trendweight to even out the fluctuations. You could be losing weight but just don't see it because of the daily ups and downs.

9. Some people just burn fewer calories than the calculators predict. If you continue to have problems after 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth a trip to the doctor or a registered dietitian who can give you more specific advice.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you can eat healthy and still not lose weight. eating healthy doesnt equal weight loss all the time. you have to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight. if you arent losing and not gaining then I would say you are eating whats called maintenance calories
  • cfritch26
    cfritch26 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting a food scale, it definitely help me realize exactly what I was eating as opposed to estimating.

I would also suggest measuring yourself...the scale may not be budging, but you may be losing inches!
  • cmcharanza
    cmcharanza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll +1 just about what everyone else here has already said. There are so many factors that play into it. What I personally discovered is that I actually gained a little weight and then I started slowly losing it however I'm also getting about 200 grams of protein a day and lifting weights along with doing cardio several times a week. Use the mirror vs the scale and how your clothes fit. I literally went up 3 pounds and then back down 7 pounds from that and my body has finally regulated..also might want to be consistent with the time of day you are weighing your self. I only check it once a week in the morning right out of bed as I've seen a fluctuation several pounds in a day from morning to night.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options

I don't get this, hope it was tongue in cheek

and to the OP listen to the people suggesting weighing and measuring...our eyeballs often deceive us.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    For sure get yourself a digital scale. It goes a long way!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    For sure get yourself a digital scale. It goes a long way!

This will help a ton - most of us over estimate our portions
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    socalkay wrote: »

It's a good read, explains a lot. It got a belly laugh out of me when I read "or forget that your chicken is covered in creamy alfredo". Alfredo sauce is so delicious, it's hard to forget. Can't pass that off as plain old (but tasty) grilled chicken.