I'm serious this time, I swear!!!

Options
slam570
slam570 Posts: 24 Member
Hey all! This is the 85th (not literally) time that I'm trying this, but this time I do have real motivation - motivation that is 3 fold.

I want to join the military within the year. My B.S. degree is in Homeland Security, and I'd like to join the military as an officer and gain real world experience stemming from and connecting to my education. Unfortunately, at my current weight, I am way too overweight to join the military. So, my first motivation is career-wise.

Secondly, about 10 months ago, I started playing roller derby. My endurance is *kitten*, and I know part of that is because I'm overweight. Also, the excessive weight my body is bearing places me at a higher risk of strain injuries such as stress fractures. That's not cool, and that's not something I want. Derby has become my happy time, and so, that's my second motivation.

Finally, I want to be healthy. I don't want to be out of breath after walking up the stairs. I ran a half marathon in 2014 (and I was only 165 lbs!!) and I want to do that again this October. I don't want to be out of shape and at risk for all the nasty stuff that comes with being significantly overweight. So, that's my final motivation for this.

I'm looking for determined, like-minded individuals to help keep me accountable and help me succeed on this journey. Definitely add me and help me out, and I'll be there for you when you need a boost.

Stay strong, lovelies. I know we can all achieve our goals.

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You can reach your goals, the accountability will def. help. Feel free to add me!
  • esimonton1109
    esimonton1109 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also starting again. I have tried several different sites but I always seem to fall off the wagon. I am hoping it will be different this time. Good luck with reaching your goals. I have no doubt that you can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • IrmaC94
    IrmaC94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, I've done this off and on health kick for years. I finally realized it all starts and ends with me, not in the kitchen or in the gym, but inside of me. You CAN make it happen!
  • jezzreyes15
    jezzreyes15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You'll see that you will be able to reach your goals. I'm barely starting with the app too once again so I don't really know how the adding people works.
  • candiceeastridge
    candiceeastridge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I said the exact same thing this morning. I lost 89 pounds in the last two years. I went from a size 20 to a 4. And in the last two years, i've moved, started two new jobs and have been in and out of relationships. And I have gained 30 pounds. Enough is enough. I have no one to blame for it but myself. We can do anything if we put our minds to it. And this time i mean it. And this site has helped a bunch in my progress. I'm always looking for encouragement. The discipline and will power only come from within.