MFP TERRIBLE!! KEEPS DELETING!

Options
IVE written support and they keep asking the same questions over and over and then say that there looking into it, yet nothing gets fixed and its been a long time now! I cycly indoors and data gets uploaded to strava, which thinks to ios Health app. TWO issues, 1) I see the workout but now it shows ZERO calories! 2) it seems it syncs with online MFP and then it completely disappears. It was working great previously but since I also had strave conected to MFP I was getting double entries, so MFP said to disconnect Strava from MFP and then It will get it only from IOS Health app , since I did this it is not working!

again there are TWO issues,

1) I see the workout but now it shows ZERO calories!

2) it seems when it syncs with online MFP and then it completely disappears.

MFP support very disappointing and when I look online clearly Im not the only one having issues, and Im a PREMIUM member.. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you! :)

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Unlink iOS and relink strava? Use fewer apps and count calories? I dunno.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Uninstall/reinstall the MFP app? I had an issue where mine was not passing on all my workouts (they only showed up on my phone, but not on the website). Uninstall/reinstall of the phone app fixed that, though for the record I "lost" all of that workout info that had been on my phone, so keep in mind losing historical data is a risk.
  • NickyKalliongis
    NickyKalliongis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks LazSommer and blues4miles, i did all that several times , unfortunately still not working, thx for responding, I appreciate it!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    That sounds incredibly frustrating. Unfortunately the only idea I have is to unlink everything and manually enter your workouts. It will probably be annoying but more reliable.
  • NickyKalliongis
    Options
    Thanks Puffbrat, that would be crazy as it used to work, but i was getting double entries, and i followed support sugestion and now cant get it to work.. very frustrating.. thanks for your reply
  • NickyKalliongis
    Options
    As you can see support does not even answer much...
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    As you can see support does not even answer much...

Shocking information.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'll bite. Let's start almost too simple. When you go to Settings -> Sharing & Provacy -> HealthKit sharing, is MFP able to read Workouts and other stuff like you expect it? If you go to HealthKit and then Sources, which apps are allowed to write data to HealthKit?

Another quick check to do is to attempt to manually log a cardio exercise (any). Is the start time shown in addition to duration and calories burned?
  • NickyKalliongis
    Options
    Hi JaneiR36, yea all the setting are correct, it was even working before, but now whats weird is it comes in then when app synce to website it disapears, also the calories always say Zero. I went over the setting again, all are 100 corect, even deleted all and reinstalled. if i log a manual excersise, i add the calories ,start time etc, and it logs it and works ok. Def a MFP issue as I tessted with Loseit and it works fine there. thx!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Check diary settings here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Do you have negative adjustments enabled? Sometimes if you have either MFP or an external app counting your steps or other activity and have your "activity level" set too high, you never trigger the point that it starts crediting you additional calories. But I suppose you're saying your calories are zero and never negative. Might be worth a try checking out your settings in both MFP and the external app, though