Thinking about skipping breakfast or just eating 1 banana

Options
Today my breakfast add up to 770 calories. I'm trying to find where my problem is but it's hard ...

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you asking a question or just venting?
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well your problem seems to be that you eat 770 calories :p Id say try to plan your meals ahead so you dont overeat too much on one meal
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There is a ton of leeway between 770 calories and skipping breakfast (or just eating a piece of fruit).

What did you eat? Can you eat a smaller portion or adjust the foods in the meal to make it fit better into your day?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    DjsMom243 wrote: »
    Today my breakfast add up to 770 calories. I'm trying to find where my problem is but it's hard ...

i think that's where you're going wrong. ^
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    have a late breakfast instead .. less time to eat through out the day and by the time its late you may not be hungry so if you choose to miss the odd dinner than you do but if you are hungry just have it.. that's the tactic I use.

for example my target today was 2100 (Gym day) but I started eating at about 10 am had something at 2 pm and again at 6pm and now I'm not hungry and its 9.30 so I'm skipping the meal and ill be eating about 1600
  • KristiMillner08
    KristiMillner08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    skipping breakfast isn't the answer. What did you eat? We might can give advice if we have a starting point of what you ate.
  • I_amnr
    Options
    by the way 70 grams of shredded weat with milk / strawberries , blue berries and raspberries is about 450 calories so you definatly doing something wrong
  • DjsMom243
    DjsMom243 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's like I either eat alot in the morning or alot in the evenibg. I wish I had enough control to just not eat so much. But I am trying and no duh I know 770 is where I'm going wrong.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Either eat nothing or eat protein, a banana is not the way to go, you'll just be hungrier once the sugar crash comes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's like I either eat alot in the morning or alot in the evenibg. I wish I had enough control to just not eat so much. But I am trying and no duh I know 770 is where I'm going wrong.

Plan out your meals. 770 is not necessarily "going wrong." What is your daily calorie budget?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

What is your calorie goal? If you are eating 770 in the AM, you have at least 430 calories to eat the rest of the day. If you want to have one big meal a day and then a lighter meal later, you can do that. Or you can eat a light breakfast and a big dinner. If you want a 770 calorie meal, you can do it as long as you balance it out with the rest of the day.
  • I_amnr
    Options

I have self control issues as well.. sometimes when I have a craving I just stare at the pastries in the supermarket and walk away .. its like they are talking to me lol

try tapering down and your body may get used to not eating so much.. I remember when I started my current diet even 2500 was tough for me but I have slowly tapered it down and now I can do 1500 with out feeling too hungry, especially if I start eating late

also eat the right kinds of food that will fill you up and stop you from feeling hungry through out the day

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for 770 calories?
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Without more info, its hard for anyone to help you.

IF, you are actually WANTING help.

What did you eat?
    What are your daily calorie allowances?
    How much exercise are you doing?
    How much are you drinking?

If your really wanting insight and help, you have to be honest with yourself and be more transparent so ppl can help.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

well what's your daily calorie goal?

I think here's whats going on-

Your calorie goal is too strict causing you to binge
    You are planning your meals poorly
    You are eating calorie dense foods instead of calorie sparse like fruits and veggies
    You are someone who might benefit from either Intermittent Fasting or eating many small meals all day long
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    What was the breakfast?
  • DjsMom243
    DjsMom243 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well I live with my mom so I don't have a lot of food choices I kind of have to eat what's here so I had a chicken biscut this morning. Thinking back I probably could have just ate the chicken, grilled not fried. My goal is 1200 calories a day I think eating one big meals and smaller other ones. I can just pick which meal I want to be my biggest
  • I_amnr
    Options
    Well I live with my mom so I don't have a lot of food choices I kind of have to eat what's here so I had a chicken biscut this morning. Thinking back I probably could have just ate the chicken, grilled not fried. My goal is 1200 calories a day I think eating one big meals and smaller other ones. I can just pick which meal I want to be my biggest

I live with my wife but we still cook our own food (African food can be very oily)

Trust me if you can tell your mother not to cook for you and make your own food :)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast.

Eat whenever you want and don't worry about having to eat certain foods/meals at certain times of day. The only thing that affects weight loss is calories. I often save the majority of my calories for later in the day because no matter how well I have fueled myself during the morn and early afternoon I tend to want to graze all evening, I feel like a bottomless pit. But if I am not hungry in the morning then why eat? I assess at lunchtime and if I am hungry I eat if not I get to plan for a yummy meal, with dessert, and then a bedtime snack. It all depends on how you feel eating that many calories in one sitting. I can eat just as much now in one sitting as when i was over 200lbs. But if your digestive system feels better with fewer calories in a go then you might have to work to eat a few more times During your day.
  • I_amnr
    Options
    and try pre preparing your food so you are not tempted to eat what your mother is eating .. I usually cook enough meet for 2 weeks and pack it in individual portions and freeze it..

when its time to each I defrost it in the microwave and put it back under the grill for a while.

if you do this make sure you don't over cook the meat in the first place ..