Starting Over Again.....Need help sticking with it!!!!

Options
I would hate to admit how many times I have started a lifestyle change, only to quit after losing 10 lbs or so. I have 150+ pounds to lose!! I know this works, I just need to stick with it. Any suggestions? If anyone's looking for someone to walk this long path with me, let me know!! TIA!

Replies

• katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, hon. I think this is my 127th time starting this journey again. But this time I'm not going to give up.
  • Bobbi1218
    Bobbi1218 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If I only had a dollar for every time I started a lifestyle change I could go on a nice vacation. I'm in.
  • joannepimley
    joannepimley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In the same boat except this time I have baby weight to lose too
  • IdrissaBoo
    IdrissaBoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found my family! LOL On again, off again...
    This time my LIFE depends on it. I would LOVE to have some extra support. This is my first time reaching out to others for help....Must realize we can't do everything solo. Looking forward to the journey with new friends with the same goals. I need to lose before pending surgery. Let's DO THIS!
    Be Well!
    Idrissa
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 78 YO and started my last weight loss journey in Oct 2012. I'm sure in my lifetime I have lost and regained well over 1000 pounds! If I could put my finger on what was different this time I would be able to sell it! The only thing I can see is that this time I decided to completely change my food habits. No pills, no gimmicks, no plans - just good healthy food. Since joining MFP 1145 days ago I have now lost 55 pounds - but better than that is I have maintained it for over a year. I still log every day - and everything I eat goes on the log. Even the chocolate sin cake I had at church yesterday! I just made up for it by eating a lighter than usual dinner. If you would like my support during your journey just friend me.
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am in the same boat. Over the last year I have started this about 10 times. Lasts for about 2 weeks and then I start eating too much. Good luck in your journey.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me support is the key! I joined a group challenge and having a group to be accountable to is amazing!! Feel free to add me as a friend... I can "nudge" you when you need it!! You CAN do this :)B):D:)
  • kellbie
    kellbie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do we become a part of this group? I NEED to be in here. : ) I'm from PA, have about 30 lbs to lose. New job has me pretty inactive, 4 kids at home with 3 baseball teams, 3 soccer teams and struggling to manage it all. Help a sister out!!!!!!!!!!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @kellbie if you want to join a challenge go to main forums message board and scroll down to challenges. I am just finishing up one called the Amazing race. The mods are starting a new one on Mothers Day runs for 10 weeks. If interested I can send you the link. There are lots and lots of different challenges though. Just find one that interests you! :)
  • CatMarlett
    CatMarlett Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will join as well. I quit only after losing 45 then gained back 25!! so add me as a friend and we can encourage each other. I have a very sedentary job (work from home as a technical account manager). AZ 45 yo Female.
  • CatMarlett
    CatMarlett Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a total of 75 lbs to loose.
  • SlimSharonSlim
    SlimSharonSlim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    send me a friend request........... i will help you :)
  • DaceyG1990
    DaceyG1990 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I have lost over 100 and still have a ways to go.
  • 220577ad
    220577ad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add people?
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Same boat, started 15 days ago. The only thing I am doing different is not overexercising, which used to cause me to get really hungry and give up. I just do 10000 steps a day and eat around 1600 calories. Seems to be working as I am starting to lose. Also, I am not trying to let the number on the scale bother me much. I have made up my mind to do this for at least six months and see where I am at before trying to give up or attempt the next new thing.