I want to cry

Options
So for the first time in my life I finally started making positive changes for myself. I took up running and decided I liked it enough to splurge on a pair of really expensive running shoes costing about 110 euro. Didn't really regret it because the way I saw it if I get even 200 kms I get bang for my buck.

I signed up for a 5k on the 22nd and have been making really good progress. When we decided to go to vacation in Austria I took my precious shoes along. We just realised that we had left them behind at my last station. No way are we backtracking there.

The run is in 2 weeks after I get back. I cannot spend more money on running gear. I just want to curl up and cry my eyes out but that would mean upsetting the vacation for the entire family.

It feels so so unfair that this happened.

Replies

• izzypeach
    izzypeach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oh noooooooo! I'd be gutted to. Is there any way that you can get in touch with someone at the last station who can mail them to you at your expense. If not you may have to go without them, how sad and frustrating. I've left my handbag in the back of a taxi before, with my phone, bank cards and money. I was skint for a long time after. try not to be so hard on yourself.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    izzypeach wrote: »
    oh noooooooo! I'd be gutted to. Is there any way that you can get in touch with someone at the last station who can mail them to you at your expense. If not you may have to go without them, how sad and frustrating. I've left my handbag in the back of a taxi before, with my phone, bank cards and money. I was skint for a long time after. try not to be so hard on yourself.

Yes, this! So sorry! I hope you can possibly retrieve them. If not see if you can find a sale somewhere for a new pair of shoes before your race. Good luck either way!
  • elsesvan
    elsesvan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What about travel insurance, or some other insurance?
  • MarriedToTheBob
    MarriedToTheBob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try to ask the station. You can mail a return shipping package they can send back. I know people will jump on new shoes but not everyone will, there's a few good people left