losing motivation!

Options
Ugh... Down 25 lbs, but I'm just SICK of "dieting". The calorie counting, the working out. Im just losing motivation. Any advice?

Replies

• barbie934
    barbie934 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it just do it
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Not being negative but I think that if you get sick, tired, restricted while losing weight, you'll likely fail. I mean, life has to reach some sort of equilibrium for it to be sustainable.

In your "diet" do you have days which you eat and forget about calories? Can you learn to not count calories a few times a week while still get good with portion? Do you have a good idea of how much foods and time you took to get the overweight that you're now trying to lose?

My answers are yes to all the above. I don't need "motivation" I go by facts and control which is working well.

Good luck.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Take a week or two to eat at maintenance then get back to it. I felt the same way after around five months. A diet break did the trick for me and I've been fine ever since.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I have been having treats everyday and fitting them into my calorie goals. I think sometimes we go hardcore and feel like we can't have any "bad" foods and for me it's a setup for failure. I love chocolate and without a little bit I'm not a happy girl:) So, I work around that treat at night to keep me from feeling deprived along with way;) Maybe eating at maintenance like above suggested and/or figuring out how to fit some of your fav foods into your daily routine?
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Get out your motivational piece of clothing see how much closer it is to fitting well and what you still need to do to fit in to it.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Breaks from losing weight (eat at maintenance helps) as well as new routines and eating plans help.

For me, eating little for 2 days a week (not consecutive) and not worrying too much about the other 5 has been such a great plan for me.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    stop what you are doing and gain it all back? if losing 25lbs isn't motivation I don't know what is...
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have wine often, I eat lemon cookies every day for a snack (my favorite) and I have been consistently loosing weight every week. I just make sure it fits into my calorie allotment for the day. I eat what I want but it MUST fit into my calories. That is the key. If I want something I typically eat it if I have the calories left, if I don't have the calories left in my day to eat that yummy treat, then I don't eat it. The good thing is there is always tomorrow.
  • avj_78
    avj_78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been using this app for nearly 100 days and I get that way every once in awhile. I find taking a day or two off logging once every couple of weekends really helps with the monotony. I don't go crazy...I tend to eat my usual and maybe have a treat or a meal ive been craving. I trust in my overall established deficit. I don't stress. And my awareness about what I'm eating is still there even if I'm not logging. But Monday I'm right back at it
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    avj_78 wrote: »
    I've been using this app for nearly 100 days and I get that way every once in awhile. I find taking a day or two off logging once every couple of weekends really helps with the monotony. I don't go crazy...I tend to eat my usual and maybe have a treat or a meal ive been craving. I trust in my overall established deficit. I don't stress. And my awareness about what I'm eating is still there even if I'm not logging. But Monday I'm right back at it

sorry I don't think this is good advice to give someone. Logging every single day is extremely important. You can never know exactly how much you are eating by estimating. You have to weigh and measure every single thing you eat. Taking days off only tells someone that it's okay to eat like crap and not worry about the repercussions. If you view this way of life as needing a "day off" from logging or eating within your calories than you are A. not ready to lose weight B. you are not ready to teach yourself about portion control C. you are not ready for this way of life.

If someone is serious about getting healthy and losing weight then counting calories is vital. I would NEVER trust myself to believe that I am creating an "overall established deficit". That's just crazy talk. Every single thing has to be weighed and measured to be sure you are creating a deficit.

OP, it is difficult to have motivation every single day but your desire to learn healthy eating habits, sticking within your caloric intake has to be a priority. If it is not, then perhaps you are not ready to do everything you must to lose weight.