Micronutrients

Options
I absolutely LOVE this app. I think it's great;however, I wish it also included micronutrients. If it did, I totally pay a monthly fee for it. As it is, though, I have to use two apps. I do love this one though. What are some of your feelings?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It has a few. I wish it had more.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I think it does...?
  • Bradford904
    Bradford904 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Arayj16 wrote: »
    As it is, though, I have to use two apps. I do love this one though. What are some of your feelings?

What's the app you use to track micronutrients?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Cronometer is the best one I've seen. I don't track them normally, but I've used it on occasion to reassure myself that I was getting them in through my normal diet.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yea, cronometer's data base sucks.
    I know that is the other app.
    I would pay hudrends if someone could combine this database with that site. Hundreds.
    I like tracking my magnesium, omega 3's, vitamin d, etc.
    Tracking iron by %'s drives me nuts.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Cronometer's database is great for whole foods. Better than MFP's since the entries they do have are accurate and there aren't so many silly bad entries cluttering things up and because the source of the entries is so easily recognizable. If you want to stick to USDA, you can.

I mostly log with USDA entries, so it worked well for me.

For packaged foods, yes, you will likely have to add it. But the benefit of cron is all the other micronutrients as well as the ease of seeing everything, and those other micronutrients (and even some things MFP tracks, like potassium) aren't available for the packaged foods anyway (other than a few, all of which I believe you can track with MFP anyway). So if using lots of those it's not going to be that valuable.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I started off using Cronometer and liked it very, very much, for the same reasons as Lemurcat12, as was disappointed because of the database. I'm the sort of a person who enjoys more information rather than less, and would also be happy if MFP included micronutrients.