Help me love black iced coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Why are the only choices "super high calorie" coffee drinks and "black iced coffee"? Coffee (hot or iced) with milk and splenda doesn't have many calories at all.

A grande nonfat cappuccino from Starbucks has 80 calories.

You can get a skinny vanilla latte for a bit more than that.

They have a great website where you can customize your drink and figure out the calories. Use it.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Get cold brew iced coffee.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I like black iced coffee, but I don't like how it tastes with sugar free sweeteners and flavorings. I don't know if Starbucks offers sugar free flavorings though. Half a serving of regular flavoring/syrup, a splash of milk, and sugar free sweetener maybe to add flavor to your coffee?
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I don't buy iced coffee out, but I frequently have it at home - brewed black coffee and 4 oz of milk - not a fan of sweet coffee, tho. If I was, then I would use sugar (1 tsp = 15 calories) over artificial sweeteners because I don't like how those taste.
  • astrid141
    astrid141 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think iced coffee/latte is great with a teaspoon or two of honey. Honey is good for you. Plus you aren't getting all the chemicals of an artificial or sugar free sweetener.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I get iced coffee with 2-4 individual creamers and 4-6 packets of Splenda depending on size. I can do fake sugar quite happily; I won't give up whole milk or creamer in my coffee, though.

• giomarine13
    giomarine13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Stevia
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Just get skinny and add sugar-free syrups - reduces calories so much!
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    3x sugarfree mocha and 3x sugarfree caramel I've heard is good. If that's a thing.
    We don't have sugarfree syrups at New Zealand Starbucks so I don't know for sure :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is horrible.

Sweeteners are horrible.

Just make room in your calorie limit once in a while for a delicious cold coffee with milk and icecream.

:)
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    you could always buy your own sugarfree syrup to add to simple skinny coffee :)
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with just a regular coffee like a latte (skinny)? We don't have many Starbucks here so putting syrup in coffee sounds bizarre to me anyway. If you want a coffee, just have one :smile: I do! Make it small/regular and add a sweetener if you feel the need.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Try an iced skinny latte. I do it in the summer. I do not add anything. It's just skim milk and espresso.
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would just get tea instead. Iced coffee is only good with a motherload of soy milk and sugar
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Orphia, black coffee is not horrible! I drink it fresh and hot and not too strong. Right now I'm thinking about my second cup. It's all what you get used to. I think putting sweeteners and whiteners in coffee is horrible, or at least it's gilding the lilly!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Glenlivet. And I don't even drink Glenlivet.
  • maddybear
    maddybear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you want to like black iced coffee do a little at a time and ween yourself off of the add ins. I used to get an iced coffee from Starbucks with toffeenut and soy. I gradually changed the amount of pumps and soy milk until I was okay with drinking it black. The soy itself is a little sweet so once you get rid of the syrup there's still a little more flavor to it. You could also switch to the sugarfree vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, cinnamon dolce, or skinny mocha. Good luck!
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Torani sell sugarfree ones online and in Kroger/Sams. I've even purchased some at Big Lots on clearance.