Always so tired!

Options
I am always so tired lately and it's driving me crazy, and certainly not helping with my irritablity levels!! Are there any foods or vitamins that anyone suggests that may help? I picked up a multi-vit today (One-a-day Women's) and B12, I'm hoping that these will help with my moods (feeling quite "off"). Lately I've found that getting more execise has helped significantly but I'm still not feeling the way I should. Soooo...what foods, vitamins....what do you suggest?

Replies

• katjanssens
    katjanssens Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It would be wise to see the doctor and have him check for things like Anemia , hypothyroidism, and B vitamin levels. I have had similar feelings when I forgot to take my thyroid pill. It also messes with your metabolism...(hypothyroidism).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It would depend a lot on what you are eating now. You could need more carbs, or maybe more protein. You could be deficient in one or more vitamins or other nutrient. Maybe you just need more sleep, or less. I read results of a recent study of medical records where people who got more or less than 6-8 hrs of sleep a day tend to weigh more.
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Try fruit in the mornings. They have natural sugar that should give you a kick.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I find that getting a big breakfast with fruit and protein in the morning keeps my energized. When I would skip breakfast, I realized I would crash and burn around lunch time and felt tired the rest of the day.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    You should definitely check with your doctor before trying vitamins and such - it may well be that you just need more vitamins or a diet change, but it could also be something more serious, and you won't do yourself any favors by trying home remedies and not getting to the underlying cause.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not knowing what foods you are eating, the number of calories you are alloted or how much exercise you are getting, makes it really hard to advise on this one.

What I will say, is that when I first joined, and was on the 1200 calorie diet, I was crazy tired and irritable. It just wasn't enough to fuel my body. So I started exercising more just so I could eat more. Helped me tremendously, and had the added advantage of getting fit, not just losing weight.
  • mer2016
    mer2016 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was quite tired when I was eating too few calories daily. Especially on exercise days do you need to be mindful to supply a few hundred extra calories that you might on a non training day. You'll still work on a deficit because the few extra calories that you intake will allow you to crank it out at the gym with sufficient intensity.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do need to get in to the Doctor and have her check me out and get some blood work done. As much as I hate the idea of it, best safe than sorry, right?!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes, and make sure you're eating enough. Good luck, and I hope everything is OK.
  • ShellGetsFit
    Options
    I think I've been eating enough, should be eating more to make up for the exercise some days. Those days are usually the ones where I decide to not eat anymore because all I'm reaching for is the crap food in my house. I'll open up my diary and you can all take a look (if you like). I know there's some bad days in there *hangs head in shame*
  • sdaltonking
    Options
    I am always so tired lately and it's driving me crazy, and certainly not helping with my irritablity levels!! Are there any foods or vitamins that anyone suggests that may help? I picked up a multi-vit today (One-a-day Women's) and B12, I'm hoping that these will help with my moods (feeling quite "off"). Lately I've found that getting more execise has helped significantly but I'm still not feeling the way I should. Soooo...what foods, vitamins....what do you suggest?

I had the VERY same thing! I would need a nap every afternoon and just felt generally crappy. I am now on thyroid medication and take a B-12 supplement, too. I would see your doc and have your thyroid checked. Good luck :)
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've already heard all this and told you my stuff. I want you to have seen or at least made a dr.appointment by the time i get home from seeing my folks. You know I will come to your house and wear you like a slipper if you don't.
  • ShellGetsFit
    Options
    I've already heard all this and told you my stuff. I want you to have seen or at least made a dr.appointment by the time i get home from seeing my folks. You know I will come to your house and wear you like a slipper if you don't.
    Doctor's appt made (at 3:30pm this aft :tongue: ) will be going in on the 13th to get checked out. Will continue with my vitamins in the meantime and see if that makes a small difference! *fingers crossed*
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    ^ good :)