Anyone around 5 feet tall and around 170?

Options

Replies

• TswvNplooj
    TswvNplooj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    GaoleeYaj wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 2 in have lost 15 lbs in just over 3 months, have a fit bit, walking at least 12,500 steps a day, more often than not I do about 15,000 or better. Started at 168 first goal is 145. Eating 12 to 1400 a day. I am thrilled with my progress. CICO is the magic bullet!!!

That's motivating. Thank u. Which fitbit do u have? Thinking about getting one too.

I have the zip, I love it, it doesn't do heart rate etc... steps, distance , calories. It is working for me now I am happy with it. It really keeps me motivated.

I may have to get one.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    tigger9759 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 1.5" and started at 172; I'm losing around 1-1.5 per week with a goal weight of 130 although I'll reevaluate as time goes on. The majority of my adult life was spent at 115 but I doubt I'm getting back there! I also have/use a fitbit but CICO has been the difference maker along with weighing every single thing on a food scale. If I don't meal plan and prep i won't be as successful. I have 4 kids, a set of all boy triplets and a 4th boy, and also work full time as a single mom so my time is precious to me so I do lots of meals in bulk or try to plan multi use items. Like yesterday I grilled a few pounds of chicken that today I portioned out into various lunches and dinners for the upcoming week

Love your story. Thank you, very motivating.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    tigger9759 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 1.5" and started at 172; I'm losing around 1-1.5 per week with a goal weight of 130 although I'll reevaluate as time goes on. The majority of my adult life was spent at 115 but I doubt I'm getting back there! I also have/use a fitbit but CICO has been the difference maker along with weighing every single thing on a food scale. If I don't meal plan and prep i won't be as successful. I have 4 kids, a set of all boy triplets and a 4th boy, and also work full time as a single mom so my time is precious to me so I do lots of meals in bulk or try to plan multi use items. Like yesterday I grilled a few pounds of chicken that today I portioned out into various lunches and dinners for the upcoming week

Thats amazing tigger!

As for me I am about 5' and I started out at 170lbs in January, and I'm down to almost 160 now. Its slow going but I find meal prepping and exercise is key.

You did amazing.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5' and started at 185 in November. I'm now 166. I think my goal is 125 but I may reevaluate once I'm closer. I also use a fitbit and up my steps when it gets too easy to make the minimum. I started at 10,000 steps and now I'm up to 15,500 each day.

Wow, 15500 steps, amazing. Where do you find the time? I have a desk job and it sucks.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's actually not that hard -- I get a 30 minute walk in before work for about 4000 steps; I park far away from my office and get away from my desk to talk to people in other departments rather than using phone or email -- that gets me about 2000 more steps. I go for a lunchtime walk for about 40 minutes so I usually have 10,000 steps by the time I get home from work. Then I get a 40-60 minute walk in the evening to get the rest of my steps. I also have this silly Wii game called "walk it out" for when it's raining and I don't want to walk outside.
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5'2, just weighed myself at 169.7 this morning.

Down from 200 in December. (^:
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    It's actually not that hard -- I get a 30 minute walk in before work for about 4000 steps; I park far away from my office and get away from my desk to talk to people in other departments rather than using phone or email -- that gets me about 2000 more steps. I go for a lunchtime walk for about 40 minutes so I usually have 10,000 steps by the time I get home from work. Then I get a 40-60 minute walk in the evening to get the rest of my steps. I also have this silly Wii game called "walk it out" for when it's raining and I don't want to walk outside.

Sounds amazing! Keep up the good work.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    5'2, just weighed myself at 169.7 this morning.

Down from 200 in December. (^:

That's alot of weight lost, congratulations!
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft nothing too :smile: . I started at 165 in November and have slowly crawled my way down to 150. My goal is 125. I have been on and off the weight loss game for the past 4 years, my highest non-pregnant weight was 193.8, so I have come a long way, just really slowly. I just need to buckle down and commit to get the last 25 lbs gone. Aiming to get it done this year! I run and strength train. I switched back from WW and trying something a bit different on MFP this time. I upped my calories to 1400, and am aiming to not always eat back my exercise calories. More in line with the calories goals from IIFYM (adjusting my macros too.)
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    carolinaem wrote: »
    I am 5 ft nothing too :smile: . I started at 165 in November and have slowly crawled my way down to 150. My goal is 125. I have been on and off the weight loss game for the past 4 years, my highest non-pregnant weight was 193.8, so I have come a long way, just really slowly. I just need to buckle down and commit to get the last 25 lbs gone. Aiming to get it done this year! I run and strength train. I switched back from WW and trying something a bit different on MFP this time. I upped my calories to 1400, and am aiming to not always eat back my exercise calories. More in line with the calories goals from IIFYM (adjusting my macros too.)

Wow you did great. Keep it up.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I started at 172 back in December and have lost 20 lbs to date not to mention a ton of inches. I have gone from a size 10 to a size 6. It has taken me 4 months and a lot of exercise but I feel great! Good Luck! (P.S. I am 5'3")
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Just started and can use a friend and advice. Please share your story with me. Thank you.

I am 4'11 and started out at 150 and now down to 125 in less than two months.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    Suzanne106 wrote: »
    I started at 172 back in December and have lost 20 lbs to date not to mention a ton of inches. I have gone from a size 10 to a size 6. It has taken me 4 months and a lot of exercise but I feel great! Good Luck! (P.S. I am 5'3")

Awesome
  • TswvNplooj
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Just started and can use a friend and advice. Please share your story with me. Thank you.

I am 4'11 and started out at 150 and now down to 125 in less than two months.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

That really fast, what's your secret?
  • Mennie714
    Mennie714 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh on average 178lbs. I really need to lose this weight as I've developed quite a few health issues. It also really complicated my pregnancy at 38.6 weeks that resulted in a seizure and stroke. Finally I have no excuses to try and lose this weight. I'm just not sure how to start. My doctors just say High protein low carb and no salt and exercise. Its definitely not easy. Joined this website a while ago but never really logged on. Now that i really have a reason to lose weight besides to fit in a smaller size, i've decided to log back in and try to stick with it. I also need to lose this weight so i can stick around for my son and husband. I Have a pretty bad habit of eating well and meeting my calorie goals and then working out and eating more because "I earned it"...I think i just need to be a part of a community that can sorta hold be accountable and help motivate me.
  • dianavme
    dianavme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am unsure how to add friends but I am 5 feet tall 173 lbs and looking to lose about 50 total have already lost about 3lbs in a month!
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    I'm 5 ft. Started at 254.4. Currently at 162-ish and slowly working my way down.
  • SAMIIAM_
    SAMIIAM_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and weigh around 176 last time I checked. I'm trying to restart my weight loss journey and get down to 130-135
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mennie714 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 and weigh on average 178lbs. I really need to lose this weight as I've developed quite a few health issues. It also really complicated my pregnancy at 38.6 weeks that resulted in a seizure and stroke. Finally I have no excuses to try and lose this weight. I'm just not sure how to start. My doctors just say High protein low carb and no salt and exercise. Its definitely not easy. Joined this website a while ago but never really logged on. Now that i really have a reason to lose weight besides to fit in a smaller size, i've decided to log back in and try to stick with it. I also need to lose this weight so i can stick around for my son and husband. I Have a pretty bad habit of eating well and meeting my calorie goals and then working out and eating more because "I earned it"...I think i just need to be a part of a community that can sorta hold be accountable and help motivate me.

You can do this! What type of help or guidance do you want? Do you have a food scale? That will make your life so much easier and ensure that what you are eating is calculated accurately
  • ellejay233
    ellejay233 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft flat and 155lbs...goal is to get back to 120lbs...hope someone could help me get back in shape