Do you count your protein shakes are part of your daily calorie intake

I am wondering, do you or should you count the Calories from Protein Shakes such as Gold Standard or Vegegreens as part of your daily intake of Calories?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Of course.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 590 Member
    Def they can be anything from 90-400 cals each
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Absolutely. I also count supplements I take, even if they are only 2 calories. I log as strictly as possible and always have. Not logging can only hinder goal achievements.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Why wouldn't you?
  • brotherjake70
    brotherjake70 Posts: 34 Member
    Read on some sites saying you should not count the calories since you are drinking them. I count them but wanted to hear what others do.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Drinking calories still gets them into your body. In fact, some types of carbs do not even need to reach your stomach to be used as calories. So when you chew bubble gum with sugar in it, the sugar is absorbed through capillaries in your gums and cheeks. You should log that.
  • silvilunazul
    silvilunazul Posts: 59 Member
    OMG wouldn't it be wonderful if the calories we drink didn't count! I would drink soda and put sugar in my coffee :-P
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Yea, I have two a day which is 100 calories each and log them
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Calories in drinks don't count? Noice!! Margaritas and milkshakes for everyone!

In all seriousness, OP...yes. If you consume something that has calories, you count the calories. End of story.
  • SlimSharonSlim
    SlimSharonSlim Posts: 85 Member
    YES !
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    absolutely!!!

I typically drink 300cals a day in the form of almond milk, heavy cream in my coffee, etc. And its even more if I were to categorize my protein shakes as a drink.

Absolutely log them. Some drinks could be 100's of cals and definitely contribute to weight gain or lack of loss without considering them.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Read on some sites saying you should not count the calories since you are drinking them. I count them but wanted to hear what others do.

Haha awesome so the 500 calories of beer I had yesterday just magically went through me?
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 590 Member

Whoop whoop, calories drank don't count, Hooray, crack open the beer.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    Calories in drinks don't count? Noice!! Margaritas and milkshakes for everyone!.

Yes!!! Milkshakes every day for me!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited May 2016
    Absolutely! You'd only be fooling yourself if you don't. Can't fool the scale tho :p (I drink over 600 calories a day in beverages, NOT including my protein shake! Imagine if I didn't log those..)
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    yes, I log the vegegreens calories daily as well as part of my calorie intake.