30 day shred buddies?

Options
HaleCry
HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
My 30 day shred dvd and my Dumbbells arrived today. I'll be starting tomorrow as I'm really busy today and I have a weird thing about starting things on a Monday. Anyone one else starting around the same time?!

Also, do you/are you planning to have rest says? I'm thinking about alternating C25K and 30 day shred but I'm not sure.. Opinions?

Replies

• HaleCry
    Options
    Anyone?
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred - Its a really good full body workout - the first time I did it I alternated between the shred and a couch-5k training program with sundays rest - it was a bit hard to maintain after a while (because then it was like 2 months of dedication) but definetly worth it. The workout it a lot of fun -although I struggeled so much the first time round :p maybe I should try again with you :)
  • HaleCry
    Options
    You should!! That would be fun.
  • xxpiaxxc
    xxpiaxxc Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi I will start today too definitely need motivation I'll go out walking/jogging when I can also heard the 30 day shred is great but very hard I'm up for that
  • HaleCry
    Options
    That's great!! I'm going to alternate 30 day shred and C25K.

M- 3DS
    T- C25K
    W- 3DS
    T- C25K
    F- 3DS
    S- C25K
    S- Rest!!
  • Krissi1330
    Krissi1330 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started level 1 of the shred yesterday. I'm taking rest days on Sundays because I work 12-hour shifts that day, but also I think it's good to give your body a break. I'll be rotating other workouts too and adding extra weight training at the gym throughout the week.
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck both of you :) feel free to add me if you want :) How are you tracking calories for the 30 day shred?
  • HaleCry
    Options
    I'm just going to add 3DS as circuit training to MFP and see what calories it gives me.
    Good luck both of you :) feel free to add me if you want :) How are you tracking calories for the 30 day shred?

• HaleCry
    Options
    Krissi1330 wrote: »
    I'm in! I just started level 1 of the shred yesterday. I'm taking rest days on Sundays because I work 12-hour shifts that day, but also I think it's good to give your body a break. I'll be rotating other workouts too and adding extra weight training at the gym throughout the week.

Yes! We can do this! I think a rest day is definitely necessary!! Remember to measure and weigh yourself so you can track your progress after you've completed it!
  • themadteapot
    themadteapot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What luck! I was just thinking about this. I am going to try to start tomorrow, and just go day by day without a rest day. If I rest I tend to stop all together.

I am in my finals weeks for college, but after I survive it... I think I may stack swimming and extra muscle workouts on top of this. I really want to go back to school a bit more fit [:
  • HaleCry
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!! I'm going to have Sunday as my rest day so I have something to look forward to lol. I'm the opposite, If I don't have a rest day I tend to give up as I know I've got to do this for however many more weeks! If I survive today's workout, I'll let you know how it goes!
    What luck! I was just thinking about this. I am going to try to start tomorrow, and just go day by day without a rest day. If I rest I tend to stop all together.

I am in my finals weeks for college, but after I survive it... I think I may stack swimming and extra muscle workouts on top of this. I really want to go back to school a bit more fit [:

• BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sound Fun,
    I've just started Jilian Micheals 30 Day slim down, Yesterday was 30 Day Shred level 1 and today is Shred it with weights,
    Feel free to add me if you want
  • HaleCry
    Options
    Well, that's day 1 level 1 out of the way. I'm knackered, can't believe how unfit I am!! I was shaking (and still am!) halfway through, my legs are like jelly. I hope this gets easier soon.
  • jwilmet03
    jwilmet03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started this today as well and my legs feel the same
  • HaleCry
    Options
    I literally can't stand up.. I don't ache (YET!), my legs just feel like jelly!
  • Shellyyy7928
    Shellyyy7928 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Did first workout yesterday, about to start second in a minute. Will be doing the 30DS for the straight 30 days, possibly taking one day off in between levels as well as I do a 5 mile walk/jog three times a week. I need to do something everyday or else I'll convince myself to just not do it or make excuses and that in turn effects my eating habits
  • palomapavlova
    palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did 30DS level 1 day 1 with 5lb dumbells today. I can't believe how hard it was! 29 days to go... :neutral:
  • Krissi1330
    Krissi1330 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did 30DS level 1 day 1 with 5lb dumbells today. I can't believe how hard it was! 29 days to go... :neutral:

You can do it! I used 5 lb weights on the first day too, which was OK until the side lunge/arm raise things - I couldn't get them all the way up in the last few reps. Tonight is day 2 for me, see if it's any easier (or harder from being sore, ha)..
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm doing another round of this. So, I am in. Did day 1 today.
  • xxpiaxxc
    xxpiaxxc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi started 39DS yesterday I'll be going walking and doing as many classes in my local gym during the week as I can