Am I delirious or is this really how it works?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I can easily wipe out an entire week's calorie deficit in a single day. Your body logs everything you eat, whether you record and it or not.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Don't eat your exercise calories back during the week…and allow yourself only one cheat day on the weekend..and I bet you lose doing that. You obviously don't want to live being strictly on a diet all week long..so don't.
  • giomarine13
    giomarine13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your workout routine to something your body isn't used to. I recommend swimming
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that MFP overestimates the calories you burn!
  • lasirena624
    lasirena624 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just like you I wanted to loose weight but could not seem to do it! Once I followed the advice that others are sharing here about making sure I had a weekly calorie deficit the weight steadily started to come off (I am down 18lbs). I measure and weigh everything!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I took a glance at your diary. You log things like exactly 4 oz. vodka, 3 oz. chicken breast, 0.5 cups mashed potatoes etc. Either you're super-picky about portioning or you're estimating... and my guess would be that you estimate, a lot. Odds are that you're eating a lot more calories than you think you are, even on the days you're being careful. I think a kitchen scale would benefit you enormously.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Measuring and logging is 24/7. You can eat more but you have to know how much more exactly.