Trying to lose 40kgs! Need a buddy!

Options
hey everyone I have been trying to get motivation to get my butt into gear post baby so please if anyone has any tips, recipes, advice just anything please feel free to give it to me straight!!

Replies

• jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hi! i need motivation too! something that has worked in the past has been telling people your intentions and also making sure you log into this every single day. i tend to pre plan my meals as well which also helps me budget for food and also - if you have the app, use the bar code scanner for foods - it saves a lot of time!

good luck - add me as a friend if you like! :smile:
  • AlisonMulhare
    AlisonMulhare Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi :smile:

I'm your sister here!! I've 50kg to loose for a healthy BMI but if I lost 40kg I'd be very very happy with my weight. I've lost 8.6kg so far - I started in January and I've good and bad weeks but I'm delighted that even on my bad weeks/days I haven't once thought about giving up.

I'm just throwing technology and fancy things at it! I got a FitBit Charge HR and in March I joined a gym in a 4* Hotel. I use the My Fitness Pal app and the FitBit app to track everything.

This unfortunately isn't my first time to try to loose weight but I've decided to try something else different this time around. I'm not joining any weight loss classes like weight watchers, slimming world etc and so far so good.

Instead I'm tracking and making goals for loads of things - not just my weight and I think the multiple goals is actually really helping me because it's taking all the pressure off just FOOD so even when I don't have a good food day - I can look at my other goals and stay motivated! Also my goals are set for me at my stage and they change if I consistently make them or if I'm finding it easy to meet them daily. (not reduce - they get tougher)

This is what I'm tracking/goal-ing per day and every day starts fresh again:
    • Sleep- trying to get atleast 7 hrs - automatic using FitBit Charge HR
    • Water - 1 litre - record in FitBit app (but this can be done in My Fitness Pal)
    • Calories - 1,390 as per a My Fitness Pal calculation and recording in app
    • Exercise - 4 times per week - record in FitBit app (but this can be done in My Fitness Pal)
    • Vegetables - eating atleast 3 types of veg with my dinner (carbs like potatoes not included) this was also to help make sure my 2 year old is getting enough veg
    • Steps - my new thing is trying to do atleast 10,000 steps a day - recorded automatically in FitBit app, if I don't try I only get 5,000 a day average. I started at 7,500.

I think that's it all. I know it sounds like I'm trying to do too much but it's actually helping me more than just watching my food. I think it's an all round healthy lifestyle approach - hopefully :wink:

I've signed up for a Daily Dish email from AllRecipes and they give nice meal ideas.

I'm also packing and bringing my lunch and snacks to work everyday so that I'm not eating out much - it's had to stay focused eating out.

I didn't think any of this would last for me, with me just choosing to do it for myself and not because I've a weigh in day coming up etc but 4 months in and I'm still doing it! Don't get me wrong - it's not all easy and some weeks I don't loose weight but when looking at my weight I look at the big picture since January and I don't focus on week by week.

I also splashed out and got the FitBit weighing scales so it syncs your weight directly to the app and I weigh myself almost everyday (I can't help it!!!) but again it works for me because I focus on my total weigh loss and not just that one reading on the scales.

God I just re-read my post and it's sounds crazy but you know - it's working for me and maybe that's the key - you need to find what works for you and set your targets for you! not just what everyone else is doing and what the ideal recommendations. After all goals can change and working on smaller goals and changing them might be a better idea to get you going!

Good luck - feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • hushibro
    hushibro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey There

I'm looking at losing 37 kg's and have survived my first week. I have found its not as bad as I thought and the app has helped me heaps. I normally exercise like a mad thing in the weekend (cycle between 40-80kms per day) which allows me to eat something differently without having to feel bad because I ate it. I'm a smoothie freak and have found it gets the raw fruit and veggies which if I had to eat without mushing up then I wouldn't or I would get bored with it. (eating 5+ a day is much more achievable).

What I've noticed is my skin is looking a lot better, I'm starting to feel much better as each day goes by.

Looking forward to seeing how others are going.

Now I've heard people talking about 'using the scanner' - can someone enlighten me :smile:

Good luck and add me as a friend if you like