I'd love to see some stomach results without core-specific exercises!

Just looking to see how people's stomachs have shaped up when there's been no core-specific exercises. They are my arch nemeses.

I mostly lift and definitely incorporate full-body lifts that use my core, but I don't do crunches or sit-ups or anything like that. I do some walking and running, but I do that for cardiovascular health, not with the hopes of leaning out. I also stretch but imagine that has no aesthetic results either. I guess all that's a bit irrelevant to my question, but there it is anyway!

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    I don't go near ab work (injury and simply don't believe in it).

I have a 25 inch waist, and defined musculature. I squat, deadlift, hip thrust heavy. I also sprint, cycle, swim and do yoga.

Mainly it's the under 20% body fat that i chase with calorie control.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    I'm sure I will be corrected if required, but from my own experience and what I have filtered out from the pure BS online, for your core things like deadlifts, squats, pull/chin ups and overhead presses are very good because they require your core to be stable and work most of your body in one go. Of course whether your core is flat and firm depends entirely on your diet.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    @Springfield1970 Thanks! My body fat isn't low enough yet for a flat stomach or any definition, but I know it's flatter than it was at a higher percentage. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Do you do barbell hip thrusts? I just started with those on my last leg day and just used the leg curl machine.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    edited May 2016
    I agree with scamd83 that abs definitions are mostly dependent upon ones diet, but working out helps to take it further as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!