Need some advice for temp weight maintaince

Options
Home for another 4 weeks recovering from a surgery...need to maintain current weight until I'm able to exercise again...please share thoughts and any advice

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Just set your MFP to sedentary, maintenance and eat to those calories. It works, just weigh and measure all you ingest.

Cheers, h.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Just set your MFP to sedentary, maintenance and eat to those calories. It works, just weigh and measure all you ingest.

Cheers, h.

^^ this
  • Mgirgis12345
    Mgirgis12345 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yhanx just did..it froped my calories by 100 per day
  • mmmpork
    mmmpork Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You don't actually burn a significant number of calories from exercise but it certainly does have other health benefits. There's actually been a lot of research on this, and while a little bit of exercise certainly helps, our bodies seem to have an upper limit of how many calories we can burn each day. If you try to cross that limit, your body compensates in other ways. My advice is set your MFP stuff to sedentary and never log exercise, or at least don't let it impact your daily calories. I've also been sedentary due to a back injury. I can walk short distances and do Pilates, but that's the limit of my mobility. Sucks, but I've been keeping up with my weight loss by just diet!!
  • Mgirgis12345
    Mgirgis12345 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanz for the advice