Saggy boobs...

Options
Having lost 2 stone, my boobs have deflated a bit. That's okay, but they're a bit saggy now! Has anyone found that this improves over time, as loose skin does? Would building up my pecs help? I'm only 37...

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I've been strength training while losing weight and my right breast, which was formerly a little droopy, has perked up. I also practice yoga and garden. (And walk, but I don't think that's relevant.)
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and lost 35lbs a few years ago. I pretty much just walk, ballroom dance, and golf for exercise. It looks like someone let all the air out of my boobs, and the loose skin has not improved. I'm going to start strength training to see if that helps the situation, as it looks bad in a low cut top. Kudos on losing the weight! I do feel your pain lol.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    if you train pecs heavy, the skin won't get less loose but the muscle you develop will fill some of the skin.
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! Pecs workouts and good bras here I come :)
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    Lol gurl you dont know the acual struggle.
    Ive lost 3.6 stone and went from a giant D to a AA and my boob are so saggy. Im talking stretch marks, nips pointing down, jiggle, floppy pancakies.
    But whatevs.

Me too. RIP my little fun bags.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yup my boobs have gone down an entire cup size and droop more. I hate it but its the price i pay to be healthy. But thats okay after i have my final baby hopefully in a year or two ill save up for a breast lift.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I dont think you will see much improvement with your boobs in the future. My breasts are about a quarter of their original size. They are still big but saggy with a lot of loose skin I can just grab. I don't think they will get any better. When I flex my chest muscles my breasts rise about an inch or so, but their sad sagginess still remains. They are so depressing to look at. Some women I come across really can't understand how depressing it is for a single unattached 30 something female with no kids, to have saggy boobs with an inch of skin you can pinch. Yeah, I'm healthier and can fit into smaller clothes, but I feel like my confidence has significantly decreased. I don't have someone who already loves me for me... Before the saggy boobs and loose skin... Sigh.... But what can you do eh. What can you do.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Mine hang about 1/4 of the distance, to my belly button; than they should but this began because of my disability. While going through puberty, I became afflicted with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) & ceased going through puberty, for 2 years. Then when it restarted, I went from not having enough to fill a training bra; to a C in approximately for 4 weeks because I didn't expect them to grow so much so suddenly, by time I bought bras; it was too late & I also have some stretch marks.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    My chest measurement is exactly the same post weight loss-34". But because I lost so much fat I also lost the fat that fills out bra cups. I look smaller. Sigh. I liked my breasts. They were nice. But I love my abs, too
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A push up bra is my best friend when I need a bit more perkiness. Would love the high round boobs of my younger years but as I'm not going to get surgery it's not happening.
    Two kids and 40lbs down.
    Hubby stills thinks I look good and so do I ( in a bra lol)
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Lift lift lift! Pecs will fill in a lot of the lose skin and pull everything up tight. Lift like a man! Heavy
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Heh. I'm seeing a plastic surgeon for a breast lift and augmentation.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 80 lbs in the last few years; when I was halfway there, I visited a boobie doctor, with dreams of finally having pretty boobs to go with my smaller frame. He brought me to a room and told me to strip off my shirt, and left me standing there for 10 minutes. I'm extremely self conscious, so that time was torture. When he came back into the room, he stared at me for a few minutes and then said, very matter of factly: "Your boobs are fine. I'd be more worried about that belly if I were you!" I WAS HORRIFIED!!!! I had spent YEARS slowly losing the weight, insecurities up the wazoo....had finally come to a point where I felt brave enough to disrobe in front of this man, and he destroyed me in moments. I cried. He then proceeded to tell me he would never operate on someone with emotional issues about their body....motherkittener....I was feeling good till I got to him!!! While he was flirting with his beautiful receptionist, I slid out the door without even bothering to say another word. Hubby waiting in the car, expecting me to come out bouncing and excited, instead I came out defeated and feeling worse about myself than ever. Bottom line is I gave up on those beautiful boobies, and have been focusing more on my belly...lol. Jerk. Sorry, my rant, but I remember it every time I think of modifying my body in any way.
  • tmwonline
    tmwonline Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I dont think you will see much improvement with your boobs in the future. My breasts are about a quarter of their original size. They are still big but saggy with a lot of loose skin I can just grab. I don't think they will get any better. When I flex my chest muscles my breasts rise about an inch or so, but their sad sagginess still remains. They are so depressing to look at. Some women I come across really can't understand how depressing it is for a single unattached 30 something female with no kids, to have saggy boobs with an inch of skin you can pinch. Yeah, I'm healthier and can fit into smaller clothes, but I feel like my confidence has significantly decreased. I don't have someone who already loves me for me... Before the saggy boobs and loose skin... Sigh.... But what can you do eh. What can you do.

I am in the same situation, single, early 30s, and have not found anyone yet. Except I'm just starting my journey and haven't lost yet. I'm definitely worried about how they'll look when I'm done. Do you mind me asking how much you lost/how many cup sizes you went down?
  • jmbrown090
    jmbrown090 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've always had an extremely large chest. Even at my smallest in high school I constantly got comments of "do you know how big your boobs are?" ...... No I had no idea. Thanks. When I started losing weight I was a tight 40DDD. That's gone down with my 70 lb weight loss (thank god) but now they're just flabby old deflated things and don't have any of the perk they did when I was younger (currently only 26 though) and I'm just learning to live with it. I'll take thin with saggy ladies versus fat and full breasts. Maybe just me. My back pain is basically gone too! Someday if I hit the lotto maybe a lift would be in order but for now I'm fine with it. Just part of the game. I don't expect every part of my body to be perfect which is good bc is certainly isn't lol!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd end up with saggy tits, but it turns out that I don't have any to even sag. All I had before was fat and large barrelchested rib cage based lies. The breast skin recovered completely from the ordeal (can't say that much for the rest of my midsection). I am a 34 AA at 5'5", 122. I don't even bother wearing a bra sometimes anymore whereas before it was unthinkable, even alone at home. I'm now considering a complete switch to bralettes and sports bras when I must. I guess if I had to choose, I'd stick with my small tits. Less of a hassle.
  • hnahae
    hnahae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have always had large breasts. Was already a D cup in middle school and due to bras with improper fit and lacking in support before I left high school my 32Fs were already saggy. Yoyoed in weight(10-15lbs) from early high school to now and they are a sad 32DDD. People compliment me and say they are jealous but they have no idea how sad they look out of bra and how hard it is to find a bra that fits and supports right. Thought about a breast lift/reduction but honestly why waste money when there will be ugly scars to cover up. I feel like it defeats the purpose if they still don't look decent out of bra. I say go for a good bra and be proud of your weight loss :)