adding food

Options
can I add food to the diary if I have no consumed it yet

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's your food diary - you can do what you want with it, there are no rules. I log things ahead of time all the time. :) As long as you're accurately and honestly logging your food, you're good.
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Um...unless you think that the computer can somehow SEE whether you've eaten it yet- YES! :)@cherrypit333
  • cherrypit333
    cherrypit333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you.
  • cherrypit333
    Options
    rephrase my question. I am just starting out here and would like to know if I can enter lets say all the food in my fridge and cupboards. Maybe something I will not eat til Sat and today is Tues. Can I pre-load my foods so I don't have to keep looking up stuff everyday. I only have very limited time on the computer.

• OrionSlayer
    OrionSlayer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I may be wrong, but part of the benefit of entering your food daily is to help you get a feel for what you are eating. It also can act as an incentive to eat better as you know you are going to record the second helping of potatoes when its just as easy to go without them. That's just me, though.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    It looks like under recipe and food, you can search and save everything under the food section.
  • taraharlow17
    taraharlow17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @cherrypit333 I think I get what you are really asking. You can enter your food into the database ahead of time so that you can add it to your diary once you plan on eating it. However, you'll be surprised to find that it is very large already and the majority of what you have may already be in there. As far as daily planning, I add my foods in the morning or the night before so I know what I will have on a daily basis and don't have to scramble to meet my goal. There really is no right or wrong. Just what will work for you. Hope that helps! :-)
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes! I pre-log a few days in advance usually, but then change it if I need to later on.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    You can pre-log food. Some people will log what they plan to eat for the next day or even for the week. But if you just want to enter the foods that you have I don't really know if that is possible. You would have to actually log it as a meal. I don't pre-log too often because I change my mind about what I am going to eat. I usually have the same few things for breakfast and lunch but I never know what will be for dinner. It does take a little work at first, but after a while if it is foods you eat frequently they will be saved so logging won't take as long. The barcode feature on the phone app is really helpful, you just have to check it to make sure that when you scan something the correct information comes up. But if you are only using a computer then it will just take a little longer at first.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    can I add food to the diary if I have no consumed it yet

I have logged my food for every day this week up till Saturday night. It helps me out by knowing what I'm going to eat every day before I eat it. Keeps me on track.
  • cherrypit333
    Options
    Thank you all!!