Running Shorts Recommendations

Options
Please let me know the brand of your favorite running shorts. I hate the way Most of my shorts bunch up when I run. Even the 2 in 1 running shorts rise up. I have 1 pair of running shorts I like and I can’t find them anywhere. They are a 2 in 1 but the underneath shorts have a jersey material so they lay flat when I run .

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    What brand are the ones you like? Did you do a Google search? Sometimes you can find discontinued clothing on eBay or Amazon.

I think a lot of it depends on your body shape and type. I used to have trouble finding shorts that didn't bunch up until I started lifting. Turns out the problem was my thighs and not the shorts. YMMV.

Back in my speed walking days I preferred Nike or Xersion shorts that had the undershorts and were a silky fabric because they moved easier. I still wear those type of shorts because they fit well and are comfortable.
  • Jeepygirl
    Jeepygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've yet to find a pair of running shorts that work for me. They always bunch up between my thighs and I end up with chafing. Seriously, 5 miles of pulling your pants down every few minutes blows. I wear running skirts now from skirtsports and I freaking love them. The compression short underneath doesn't ride up (usually, though I have one pair that occasionally tries to) and there's no extra material to bunch up between my legs. The price is a bit high, so I try to only get them when they're on sale.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    this is why I don't wear shorts. I wear knee or capri length because I can't deal with the bunchiness
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Lululemon's speed shorts are my favorite. They have a built in liner and seem to stay in place with virtually no riding up (for me at least) but they are very short so if you're not into that (or have thighs that tend to chafe) they might not be your thing. http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/shorts-run/Run-Speed-Short-32138
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Road Runner Sports longer shorts (I think they are 7 inches). They are compression and absolutely don't bunch.
  • CheatinLil
    CheatinLil Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback. I had to laugh at loud at BZAH10 comment: Yes, I agree 100% I always thought the problem is with my thighs! No matter what size I get. The 2 in 1's are made for skinny thighs for sure :)

• MichaelaSenft
    MichaelaSenft Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lulu lemon speed shorts!!
  • MichaelaSenft
    MichaelaSenft Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    They're worth the price for sure
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I just use the very thin Adidas Runners. Underneath I wear spandex underwear.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lululemon
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Can't do shorts, not running shorts or regular ones. They always ride up on me! I just use capris or running tights with mesh cut outs to keep cool.
  • amandamamanda
    amandamamanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ^^ I second running tights! I have new balance women's accelerate tights- got them for like $20 on amazon. ( looks like price has increased a little since then- but they are amazing!). They don't bunch, they wick sweat so you don't feel sticky or get too hot. They feel like running naked- except without the thigh chub rub.