I need some low calorie food ideas.

Options
pammye65
pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
Im getting stuck in a rut where im eating the same things everyday. Just need some ideas on different things. Thanks!

Replies

• dee_sea_tea
    dee_sea_tea Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    do you have a phone that uses apps? if so there is an app called the snack app from everyday health, it's great for ideas you can base your snack on the amount of calories, if you want salty, sweet, or whetever!
  • JennuhM
    JennuhM Posts: 12
    Options
    check out www.hungry-girl.com

that site is amazing! she also has cookbooks out at the book stores!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    love baked zucchini :heart:
  • MsMeganEliz
    Options
    I love the 100 cal packs. I am also a huge fan of The Laughing Cow cheese wedges with fresh veggies. It's delicious.
  • hsharar
    hsharar Posts: 4
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl recipes. There are some great, tasty, low calorie foods/meals!!! The recipes can be found on the Food network or you can do a search on line for the recipes. I have 2 of her cookbooks: 300 recipes under 300 calories and the 200 under 200 version. I love them both and they are not that difficult to make!
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump for links
  • Sveta34
    Sveta34 Posts: 19
    Options
    get rocco dispirtos cookbook, Eat This, Not That (or something like that) He takes everyday common foods (pizza, meatloaf, mac and cheese etc.) and lowers the calories by a lot on them...I haven't tried anything yet, but will...Lots of great ideas...
  • Blondie1984
    Blondie1984 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh my favorite recipes is fajitas super easy and you can make alot and freeze them. Fry up chicken, red pepper, yellow pepper, some onions and add a package of old el paso fajita sauce. Then I usually divide them and put them in the freezer in baggies and when im hungry pull out a bag - defrost it, then put it on a tortilla and a piece of cheese then grill it!
  • tiffnday
    tiffnday Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Low cal omlet

1 scrambled egg
    1 slice ham diced
    1/4 cup of shredded 2% cloby jack cheese

Cook the egg first , then add the ham. Wait til fully cooked. Transfer it to a plat and add the cheese from to the inside and outside. Your done! TA DA!
  • illusio
    illusio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you're going out and like chinese, dim sum steamed dumplings are very low cal (30-40 cals per dumpling, 7-10 will make a good meal).

Attached link is for healthy recipes on food.com, which has thousands of good ideas and you can filter by ingredients you have in the cupboard
    http://healthy.food.com/
  • pammye65
    Options
    WOW! these are some great ideas! Thanks Yaw!:happy: :love:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    bump!
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    bump!
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    one of my faves is black beans and salsa in a tortilla. you can add cheese if you want...very filling and nutritious!:smile: :
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pammye65
    Options
    bump!
    whats a Bump??