Phentermine withdrawals?

Options
So I stopped taking Phentermine and before anybody starts lecturing on why taking them was a bad idea and how I'm about to gain everything back I am aware and I'm stressing the words STOPPED TAKING.

I'm in the 15th day of my period, is this normal when you've been taking it?
Four days after I started taking it I had a day long episode of crying and being angry. This has never happened to me before and I want to know if it's from the withdrawal?
No, I can't go to a doctor right now I'm out of my state.
I just want to know if it's possible to get a withdrawal from it. I want to know if this is going to end anytime soon.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you stop? Did you taper or just stop?

While one should always taper off medications under medical supervision, I frequently go off Phentermine in the late spring by taking a pill every other day for two weeks and then stopping altogether. Stopping does not affect my menstrual cycle. I don't remember mood issues. Last time, I remember expecting to have less energy, and capitalizing on this expectation by napping more.
  • JocyChan
    JocyChan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This has a lot of good info on the drug, may help with some of your questions.
    http://www.drugs.com/phentermine.html
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Of course you can have withdrawals from phentermine. I'm not sure if your 15 day period and your particular problems are caused by any sort of withdrawal, as that's a question for a doctor, but the answer to your question is yes. You should gradually reduce your dosage over time, rather than stopping suddenly.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    Of course you can have withdrawals from phentermine. I'm not sure if your 15 day period and your particular problems are caused by any sort of withdrawal, as that's a question for a doctor, but the answer to your question is yes. You should gradually reduce your dosage over time, rather than stopping suddenly.

My dosage was one pill that can't be broken a day
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Yes, that's why I tapered by taking a pill every other day.
  • FatMomRun
    FatMomRun Posts: 28 Member
    Options

You can cut the pill in half. I only take half a pill on days I feel like I can't get my hunger under control (typically one day a month, just before my period starts)