Should I cut back for the next couple of days?

Options
Didn't know if this would matter or not. Went on a weekend trip and ate a ton of food. I'm back to my crazy workout schedule so I'll probably burn at least 1000 calories today. Should I try and keep the calories lower than usual since I ate like a freak for the past two days, or go back to what I was doing? I was eating quite a lot, but lost weight!

Replies

• kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    bump =) I kind of had a bad weekend myself and I always have wondered if I should reel it in/restrict a little bit on Monday/Tuesday to make up for it! I hope we figure it out girl!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Don't try to make up for it. If you are going to be training hard your body will need the nutrition. Just move forward as if it never happened. :)
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just go back to what you were doing. You ate what you wanted. Fabulous. Now put it behind you and move forward. Sometimes eating a little more helps us more than we know because our bodies become so used to the same routine.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Nope! Eat what you are supposed today and just get back on track!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Don't try to make up for it. If you are going to be training hard your body will need the nutrition. Just move forward as if it never happened. :)

As if it neeeever happened. Hahahaha! I love it! :-)
  • mdkiwi
    mdkiwi Posts: 8
    Options
    Everything I've read about these splurges we are all prone to is not to dwell on them after they happen. One or two days of splurging is not going to add weight. It becomes a problem when you are taking in more calories everyday than you need. Just keep moving forward, and don't deny your body the nutrients it needs on a daily basis. Especially if you are working out hard!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,431 Member
    Options
    oooo, good to hear that! Time for a snack then!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    AGREE!!!!!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    The first time I "splurged" after months of being good I lost 4 lbs instead of 1. As the others said, just continue on like nothing happened.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    No, I would say work out and eat as usual. Make your net BMR in calories. Chances are you'll be unaffected by the weekend.

I went away for a girls' weekend last weekend--4 days. I did spin 2x while there, but did not log anything, and enjoyed desserts and a few drinks. Ended up losing a pound, which is my biggest loss in a while :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    No, I would say work out and eat as usual. Make your net BMR in calories. Chances are you'll be unaffected by the weekend.

I went away for a girls' weekend last weekend--4 days. I did spin 2x while there, but did not log anything, and enjoyed desserts and a few drinks. Ended up losing a pound, which is my biggest loss in a while :)

I just hopped on the scale...mid-day....and I was up 5 pounds. Hoping it's water weight, although my scale said my water was much lower than usual. I hadn't had a break from exercise in over two weeks so I was hoping I'd lose. Womp womp.