Protein Shakes

Options
What are the best ones, and how often do you take them?

Replies

• LadyGhosthunter
    Options
    I use Dymatize Protein for my bodybuilding protein. You want to watch for sugar/carb content....I take it in the mornings after my workouts!
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Definitely after a workout. The rest of the time it is basically when you want it..

I use Optimum Nutrition 100% whey strawberry flavor.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i use Jillian Miachael's Vanilla Whey & it's only 100 cals & delicious ♥ usually have it after my workouts or i've incorporated it into some of my meals (like protein pancakes!)
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I have a shakeology everyday for breakfast. Has everything you need in it.
  • TrevaNadreau
    TrevaNadreau Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's all going to depend on your nutritional needs... the protein market is overwhelmingly obnoxious and can be kind of intimidating. There are so many differences in proteins based on specific dietary needs, but I can help narrow it down for you with a few questions:

Are you looking to replace a meal, or to drink as an added suppliment?
    Are you doing any strength training and conditioning?
    Do you have any milk allergies?
    Do you need a low calorie protein for weight loss goals?
  • COLORMELEAN
    Options
    I tried a Root Beer float using French Vanilla and it's terrific. Blend shake powder with Diet Root Beer and ice cubes and it becomes a frappe type drink, very delicious and refreshing. Especially if you find Fench Vanilla too strong on its own. :drinker:
    Colormelean
  • sdaltonking
    Options
    My favorite, HANDS DOWN, is Shakeology; it's nutrient packed and delicious. Believe me, I think I've tried them all; so happy to have come to one that I can settle on and trust. Oh, and you can make things with it, too; my favorite to make is the "no bake cookies". They're to die for and are good for you!!
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    However Shakeology is not a Protein Shake!! Shakeology is a meal replacement. Shakeology has 17g of Carbs and 17g of Protein!

Protein shake is a protein supplement to help reach your protein needs. Protein suplements are more in the neighborhood of 24g of Protein to less than 1 gram of Carbs!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I use Myofushion from Gaspari Nutritiion for a protein drink in the morning supplement and/or as needed later in the day if I am low on my protein for the day.

I use GNC AMP 60 as a post workout recovery drink

I use Probolic-SR as a nightime protein drink...it has slow absorption, which is good for when you are asleep but makes a terrible recovery drink.

All taste pretty good and have helped me along in my journey tremendously! Myofusiion is delicious!!
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's all going to depend on your nutritional needs... the protein market is overwhelmingly obnoxious and can be kind of intimidating. There are so many differences in proteins based on specific dietary needs, but I can help narrow it down for you with a few questions:

Are you looking to replace a meal, or to drink as an added suppliment?
    Are you doing any strength training and conditioning?
    Do you have any milk allergies?
    Do you need a low calorie protein for weight loss goals?

Are you looking to replace a meal, or to drink as an added suppliment? added suppliment
    Are you doing any strength training and conditioning? yes
    Do you have any milk allergies? no
    Do you need a low calorie protein for weight loss goals? yes
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    BSN syntha 6 in choclate milk shake. yum yum! I take it after weight training.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Optimum extreme chocolate and i take it after i wgt training and/or in morning mixed into my oatmeal. I also take it if im short of my 130 grams of protien per day
  • sdaltonking
    Options
    There is a difference if you want a protein only shake, which in my opinion tends to be wasted calories and only make you more hungry, which is why I ended up switching to Shakeology. Never hungry, feel great, and easy to maintain weight loss.
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options
    I use Gaspari Myofusion Vanilla sometimes in the morning, sometimes mid day, but always right after a workout.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I create custom mixes at trueprotein.com
    I have 2 blends, one for workout nutrition, one for overnight nutrition.
  • COLORMELEAN
    Options
    Where does one buy Shakeology? New to me!