30 day shred and running

Options
seomra
seomra Posts: 69 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,
Started back running ( I use that word very loosely to describe my slow shuffle!) in February and currently run 5k about 3/4 times a week.
Thinking of starting 30 day shred as a lot of people recommend it for toning up. ( would love to join a gym and start lifting weights but small children, work full time and husband travels a lot with his work so DVD at home works for me)
Anyway my question is can I keep up the running or will 30 day shred mean I'll be too sore to run?!!
Thanks

Replies

• lbcgirl25
    lbcgirl25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It would be a great combo with running. You might be a little sore at first but you'll only be using hand weights, I don't get nearly as sore as when I lift at the gym (though I sweat more). Even if sore - cardio is a great active rest for your joints, just stretch a lot after running and take rest days. Good luck!
  • vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think its a great combo. I recommend doing the 30 day shred and run every other day. On the days you do the shred just run a shorter distance
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    seomra wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Started back running ( I use that word very loosely to describe my slow shuffle!) in February and currently run 5k about 3/4 times a week.
    Thinking of starting 30 day shred as a lot of people recommend it for toning up. ( would love to join a gym and start lifting weights but small children, work full time and husband travels a lot with his work so DVD at home works for me)
    Anyway my question is can I keep up the running or will 30 day shred mean I'll be too sore to run?!!
    Thanks

I'm on day 2 of 3ds and ache like a b****. I was going to alternate it with c25k but I physically can't, I'm too sore. I'm quite unit though and new to exercise so maybe it will be different for you. But as I lay here in bed, hardly unable to move, the thought of running is a big NOPE! Lol. Good luck though.

• CABarb
    CABarb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of workout 2 and "run" 5K 3 days a week (alrhough a slow jog would be a more accurate description !). I do 30DS Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun, and jog Wed/Fri/Sun. This leaves me with Mondays as a complete rest day--which I look forward to every week! I have only been exercising since January, and this is my first time on the 30 Day Shred. It's a tough workout for sure! I find that it is my upper body that gets sore from the DVD, so it hasn't hurt my jogging any. On the days I do both I do the DVD I the morning and jog in the evening.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Granted, I have fallen off the exercise wagon a bit (still walking several miles a day, and dancing), but when I was doing more a few weeks ago, I could most days do 30 Day Shred and cycle or something else (I don't run). It may take a few days or week to get past the soreness but you can certainly do both. I like the 30 Day Shred, but I like adding something else in as I can.
  • curleytop60
    curleytop60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Need to increase activity for maximum weight lose. Every one talking about 30 day shred. Where can I purchase it or is it something to fdo at the gym?
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Need to increase activity for maximum weight lose. Every one talking about 30 day shred. Where can I purchase it or is it something to fdo at the gym?

It's an exercise DVD by Jillian Michaels, but I believe the first set is available on youtube or similar to try it out.
  • sierobarbosa34
    sierobarbosa34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Here is a link with the 3 Levels for free :smiley:http://www.welcometotheonepercent.com/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred/
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Mere side point - you got the wrong idea about exercise and weight loss from what you said.
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great combo, but Jillian's stretches are crap. You need to add your own or you will hurt unnecessarily!
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I do both! I run 3-4 times per week, and do the 30DS on days I'm not running. I don't do the 30DS every day, because it makes me too sore, but I still see results from doing it a couple of times per week.