Vegan Friends!

Options
I just switched to a vegan diet two weeks ago, so Im a total newbie. I need more vegan friends to share recipes and to motivate me to be the best I can be! Who's in?

Replies

• blueeyez939
    blueeyez939 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not completely vegan, but I would say probably 90% of my diet falls into "vegan" so if you ever want any food ideas feel free to message me!
  • Kadru
    Kadru Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you
  • KristyMichelle92
    KristyMichelle92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 2 and a half years, I was vegan for 1 year, I went off of the diet a few months ago. I got on this medicine with my doctor that gave me uncontrollable cravings, so I started dairy again. May 2 is the date I have set for myself to go back vegan. I'd love to be friends. We can simply be friends on here, on Facebook, Skype, or even texting. I have tons of recipes that I have acquired over the last few years, and we could talk documentaries and info and everything if you'd like :) let me know
  • futurehealthfreak
    futurehealthfreak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning into veganism too! Feel free to add and message me.
  • ladysteph14
    ladysteph14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also a vegan. Just switched from vegetarian to vegan 1 month ago. I know I need more exercise but struggling a bit with full time job and studies over the past 3 years. Feeling very motivated though.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Vegan for a year and a half - feel free to add me!
  • Flouroot
    Flouroot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd be happy if anyone here identifying as vegan added me as a friend. I've been vegetarian for most of the past 28 years and vegan the past 2. I'm not trying to win vegan of the year, so sometimes cow's milk cheese gets on my pizza, but I do it for the sake of the animals, as best I can. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm about 7 pounds above my ideal and out of ideas on how to lose it. I'm trying the community support idea at this point. I share my diary.
  • lewy_038
    lewy_038 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I transitioned to vegan about 2 months ago for health/environmental/ethical reasons, and recently decided to try to lose about 6 or 7 kilos as well. I'm a student and I exercise a lot so I'm always looking for cheap and/or freezable recipes :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm a part time vegan, i don't stick to it as well as i would like to but i cook 90% vegan meals and have got it down to where i can improvise good vegan meals after years of trying recipes. i'm happy to share and could really use some vegan mfpals, so please feel free to add me!
  • timothynward
    timothynward Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the vegan thing. I'm kinda new too:
    I switched from vegetarian to vegan in late December - it's been pretty awesome. I do mostly steamed, and raw whole foods and smoothies in the morning. I stay away from oil as much as possible. I lost 20 lbs in the first few months, hitting my goal. It helped a lot, but now I'm just maintaining and reading books about veganism and trying all these new foods.

Totally down to be friends here, or fb or whatever :D there are some great Facebook groups out there for recipe ideas, fitness, etc.