I'm New!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I am new to My Fitness Pal. If anyone has any ideas on healthy meals that are easy to make, or healthy snacks that are yummy, let me know!

thanks,

Danielle

Replies

• healthychic
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am new to My Fitness Pal. If anyone has any ideas on healthy meals that are easy to make, or healthy snacks that are yummy, let me know!

thanks,

Danielle
  • dianabarron127
    dianabarron127 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat anything that is low cal and convinient. I think the 100 cal snacks are great. 90 cal rice cakes are good. For protein I like the Kelloggs protein bars, for fiber the fiber one bars are tasty! In Ice cream, I can't resist Dairy Queen, and a small cone for 170 cal isn't too bad if you limit yourself to monthly! Maybe i can up the ice cream to every two weeks now since I've been dancing with the stars!! I just found the dvd at Target and it is a fun workout if you like dancing! Good luck on your endeavor to stay healthy!!
  • healthychic
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I used to play DDR, but i lost the game somwhere. That was a good workout too, and it actually had a workout setting on it that told you how many calories you burned doing which songs. I think those games are so neat. Anways, thanks again and keep in touch!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    My daughter and I use the DDR game, too. She usually works at standard speed, while I'm back on light, so she's much better than me, she plays 30 to 60 minutes 4 days a week. When I'm alone, I also do the workout setting. Our new favorite lunch is a "wrap" with sundried tomato basil wrap, fat free cream cheese, romaine lettuce leaf and deli turkey slices. Pair it with fruit and you're good to go. We split it for snacks. Wraps are very versatile and she takes them for lunch instead of sandwiches. I usually buy a six pack of the non fat, sugar free fudge bars from Dairy Queen ecause they are about 100 calories. Because of the amount of calories I can have, I plan 3 @ 300 calorie meals and 3 @ 100 calorie snacks. I do a minimum of 600 calories of exercise a day and I divide the calories between the meals so I can have some of the things I might otherwise have to eliminate.
  • lulukd211
    Options
    hello im new to myfitnesspal too...just wanted to say good luck to everyone this week
  • healthychic
    Options
    MMMM that wrap sounds delicious, will have to try that. I have chicken salad with light mayo, chopped celery and crushed almonds on romaine lettuce sometimes, so I will have to try your wrap!

Thanks
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.