Hello all!! Just joined :-)

Options
Hi, my name is Angelo, I'm currently in San Diego, been here a month, just came from Virginia Beach, but I'm originally from Paterson, NJ, just minutes from NYC. I moved to San Diego to be with my fiancee, I like it here so far, and can attest to the climate here fueling my desire to better my health, as well as making it easier to do so.

In Virginia Beach, my diet consisted of mostly fast food, divided into 2 or 3 huge meals each day. I know, atrocious for my weight and metabolism. Now, I cook at home, added lots of fruits and veggies to my diet, removing a lot of fatty foods, and divided my intake into 4-5 smaller meals. I'm trying to fix the damage I've done to my body.

I've also dramatically increased my activity. Whereas at several points in my past I was more active, including laps at the Olympic pool while I was in college, and later daily weight lifting and training with my cousin, I fell into an inactivity where my exercise consisted only of pressing the buttons on my PS3 and 360. Again, I know, atrocious for my weight and metabolism.

I hope to regain some measure of fitness and health. My goal is to lose about 40lbs, and I hope this site helps me to do so.

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Good luck with your journey and welcome to MFP!!! I have only been here for 2 weeks and its great - everyone is very supportive!!!
  • m76p
    m76p Posts: 12
    Options
    hello good luck this week is mt third week
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP....I used to live in Escondido (hubby was stationed in Mira Mar Base), love it! love it!...now were residing here in Dallas, TX. You will this site, everyone is very supportive.
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You've made a good move. All of my 20-something sons are on here and my 20 yr. old has already lost 20 lbs. in his first 6 wks. on the program! Good luck to you!:)
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Feel free to add me.
  • drcru04
    drcru04 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all, I can already feel the level of support and camaraderie that I was looking for :smile: Looking forward to more posts, detailing my progress
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have found this site to be addictive and a great boost for motivation and inspiration. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile: