Hello, from the south!

Options
Hey all, i am new here. I am a Realtor in Arkansas and recentely had new photo's taken for my business cards. OH MY, i could have fell over! I have got to do something, i have to do something NOW! I can not believe i did this to myself, well yes i can! I have decided to lose 85 lbs. I need to do this for my health, i have kids to take care of. I really need this, i have let this go on way to long. My husband said he would buy me a trike if i did it, and well i really want a trike, LOL. It was my idea, it gives me something to look forward to. Well, wish me luck, i can do this, i've done it before but this time i need to keep myself in check so i don't balloon back up in a couple of years.

Replies

• kat1000000
    kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey all, i am new here. I am a Realtor in Arkansas and recentely had new photo's taken for my business cards. OH MY, i could have fell over! I have got to do something, i have to do something NOW! I can not believe i did this to myself, well yes i can! I have decided to lose 85 lbs. I need to do this for my health, i have kids to take care of. I really need this, i have let this go on way to long. My husband said he would buy me a trike if i did it, and well i really want a trike, LOL. It was my idea, it gives me something to look forward to. Well, wish me luck, i can do this, i've done it before but this time i need to keep myself in check so i don't balloon back up in a couple of years.
  • leelee93
    Options
    From one peach to another... you can do it! Good luck............
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Welcome! I just recently started too. But, the most important piece of wisdom that I can give you based on my experience is this....PUT DOWN THE FORK! (and avoid finger foods.)
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Hey from Arkansas too. Whereabouts in Arkansas are you? I'm in Russellville. You can do this. It gets easier and easier every day.
  • kat1000000
    Options
    Is that your dog in the picture? I do basset hound rescue, that pooch is too cute!
    Options
    Is that your dog in the picture? I do basset hound rescue, that pooch is too cute!

Yep that's my baby all 85 pounds of him.:laugh:
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm also new on here. I am what is known as a road warrior. I travel 90% of the time for my company. Guess what is on either end of every turnpike
    McD's!!!:noway:

Well I've made a decision to invest in myself. I've ordered my NutriSystem meals, and until they arrive I am counting every little calorie I put into my body by tracking here.

I am 5'3" tall and weigh 169 today. I have to lose 29 lbs quick!!! I can't stand looking at my body. Together we can all do it, we just need the discipline. I am now staying in hotels that have microwaves and when I get my NS food, I will take it with me. The only thing I'll add to my meals will be a side salad.

Let''s do it together, without going crazy. I live in Tulsa, OK

God Bless everyone!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • kat1000000
    Options
    Forgot to mention i am in springdale, NW corner of the state.
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with all of your goals.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello from South Arkansas!
    It's good to have you with us.
    Good Luck ! You can do it !
    :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Welcome aboard -- a trike is a very nice incentive. I bought my wife a Harley Low Rider a few years back and I haven't seen her since :laugh: Not true, she rides well and is always leaving me in the dust on my HD Street Glide.

Good Luck!
    Options
    Welcome aboard -- a trike is a very nice incentive. I bought my wife a Harley Low Rider a few years back and I haven't seen her since :laugh: Not true, she rides well and is always leaving me in the dust on my HD Street Glide.

Good Luck!

I am so jealous of your wife, I have wanted either a Low Rider or a Fat Boy for forever. I almost jumped a girl at a traffic light on a Fat Boy once just to steal it from her but then my better sense kicked in. :laugh:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Forgot to mention i am in springdale, NW corner of the state.

Welcome - I'm formerly from Gravette, AR. Currently have family in Fayetteville. I've been away for years but love to visit as it always feels like 'home'.

I think you'll find this site very useful.

Best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • kat1000000
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advise and well wishes!