need to stick to this!

hi im new here and need support sticking with this loosing weight, ive tried mant times before and do really good for about a week then break down and eat my FAVORITE food "mexican" this is my basic diet of about 4 nights a week, i eat it till im over full cause it taste sooo good. does anyone know how to beat this craving for mexican food?

Replies

• myhoney
    myhoney Posts: 41
    hi im new here and need support sticking with this loosing weight, ive tried mant times before and do really good for about a week then break down and eat my FAVORITE food "mexican" this is my basic diet of about 4 nights a week, i eat it till im over full cause it taste sooo good. does anyone know how to beat this craving for mexican food?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Make your own healthier dishes. Bet you can make it and get more for your calories too.:bigsmile:
    Amy
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    LOVE MEXICAN????
    we had nachos for supper---I had :

20 mini white corn rounds. yes I counted
    2 ounces of ground beef sprinkled over (with salsa flavoring)
    2 Tbsp ff sour cream
    4 Tbsp of Senora salsa
    green onion go crazy
    shredded lettuce
    orange pepper diced
    2 tiny tomatoes diced (that's all I ahd in the fridge)
    4 TBSP of Senora cheese melted

YUM!!!!!! I put it on a small plate so it looked like a lot!

415 calories
    I used a measuring spoon

I then had 20 fresh cherries and a ww yogurt for dessert
    186 calories

Mexican and delicious

Full glass of water before I ate
    Another glass of water before I finished.
    Ate at the table with my kids (who had much bigger servings)

Still have to get in 200 cals before bed but think I'll let it ride--that meal will hold me fine.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR QUEST!!! We ALL need to stick to this!!!
  • SANDY44
    SANDY44 Posts: 17
    Hi
    I think part of the problem is that we perhaps set a calorie intake lower than we can handle in the beginning. I have been on and off diets for quite some time, even slim fast! I started in November last year and in two weeks I shed a total of 7lbs then Christmas came and put back on three. I find that I am managing very well on a 1500 plan - yes exercise is so key to this but I am still releasing weight just not rapidly and quickly - I think I will be able to keep off the weight better this way. My original calorie counter put me at 1200 - I can't survive on that - I get the shakes and headaches hence after two weeks I broke the eating plan. Make sure you keep up with the water intake - hydration is so important.

INow that I have set my calorie intake slightly higher it seems to be working. I have not cheated and still enjoy my two squares of dark chocolate and even a glass of full fat milk.

Hope this helps.
    Sandy44